VR camera controls screwed post vorpX install

Homepage Forums Technical Support VR camera controls screwed post vorpX install

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Genius
    Participant

Hey I am using occulus rift CV1 I also use steam VR having used vorpx for a year or so I enjoy it very much but now have one massive problem I cannot resolve I recently re-installed my entire PC once setup I installed occulus and steam vr and Project cars 2 I had a flawless experience, THEN I installed vorpX to have some fun in an old flight sim now ever since in my other games even with vorpx disabled and or un inxstalled entirely I have lost all control of vr vcamera movement in both the VR software Occulus and steam VR recenter view both fail and in PC2 you can move your seat position this also no longwer works short of doing another re-install and just not using Vorpx has anybody got a solution I feel like the driver for that manipulation is still being hooked somehow despite no trace of Vorpx being left on my machine? Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX doesn’t do anything while it is not running. It cannot have caused any changes to your VR camara controls within the Oculus software or any other native VR application.

Genius
    Participant

Thats extrodinarily strange then the only thing that changed was I Installed Vorpx played FSX with it for a bit went back to my racing game 20hrs in and vr view position is permanently locked prior to this I could use the in game VR controls or use the occulus home button reset view option this has now ceased working this is across all of my vr games not and like I say Vorpx is the only thing that has been installed since, Do you have any other suggestions I have used the Debug tools supplied with occulus software to stop and start the service etc to no avail,If I cant find a solution I will have to re-install and not use Vorp X which would be a great shame as I paid for it

Ralf
    Keymaster

Your issue 100% has not been caused by vorpX, this is just a conincidence. There is no way how vorpX could potentially affect your VR camera controls in any native VR app. It doesn’t do anything unless it is running, let alone after you uninstalled it.

Genius
    Participant

Thanks for your input, I will update once I have resolved the issue with the cause

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!