VR control aiming

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VR control aiming

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eldaer
    Participant

Just got the vorpx. Exciting to try out all the different possibilities and learning to use the program. I was wondering if someone had a list or thread which relays info on games that have third party mods for games so you can use your vr controller for f.ex aiming in fps games. For instance HL2 vr is being developed and looking good so far is in my opinion is better than the other options being look to aim or through garrys mod. There is also arma 3 and gtav that both have mods for using vr controllers. What im looking for is a list or source which might show mods enhancing vorpx supported games. For instance enabling vr controls. I understand that most games this requires alot of work or isnt possible at all, but im still suprise in the lack of info on such on more games. Ty

TheBalt
    Participant

To be honest – i havent managed to get any of those games Touch controller mods to work in the first place.. I had some luck with GTA5 but the controls were not working 100%, but i could use my touch controllers to a degree, might work better on a Valve headset tho, it sounded like the GTA5 VR mod was designed with Valves stuff in mind

Only other game i know that has a full VR conversion with touch controls working is Doom 3 BFG and that mod doesnt require vorpx, but its out there if you wanted to look for it.

wish i had more to offer but i dont think theres very many games that fall into this category unfortunately

Eldaer
    Participant

I got grandtheft VR to work, I can point/aim with controllers but its made with the vive controllers in mind so non of the buttons or sticks works. Its a shame, runs great otherwise. Ive contacted the dev, supposedly hes also making a non vorpx version. Maybe he’ll add support for newers controllers.
    Bought BFG today :p Also quake 1 and 2 and hl 1 are awsome on the quest, they dont take much space either so you can sideload it and bring it on the go

TheBalt
    Participant

sounds like you ran into exactly the same problem i did with the GTA mod :\ Kinda disappointed cause they literally say on their site itll work with oculus… they just dont include the fact it doesnt support the touch controllers entirely, was just a waste of time for you and me to try it – little annoying. lol

Honestly id recommend Dead Effect 2 VR over Doom 3 BFG Modded, but if you liked doom 3, itll be a fun ride cause you use your fingers to point and touch things and everything, touch is 100% integrated.

There is a mod for Half life 1 that supports touch? Did you use vorpx for it or is it standalone?

Eldaer
    Participant

Yeah halflife 1 is standalone with motion controls and you can have it locally installed on the quest. So you dont need to be connected to your computer. Download and instructions here; https://www.lambda1vr.com/
    The dr.beef dude that made it also ported quake and quake 2 the same way. Just figure out how to use sidequest and download it. Youll need some files from your own version of the games on f.ex steam but other than that its free and super easy to setup :). Been playing Doom 3 vr Fully possessed. Its awsome feels like the game was made for vr

TheBalt
    Participant

Been playing Doom 3 vr Fully possessed. Its awsome feels like the game was made for vr

Yeah, they did a fantastic job on that one as far as making it actually feel like a VR game, whoever put it together nailed it. Glad youre enjoying it, i wish i had others to point you to.

And thanks for the link for Half life, gonna look into this now, thanks for the heads up. Might need to check out quake again too, never thought id be looking at those again lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Eldaer
    Participant

One last message :P Gonna try out duke nukem 3d next, dunno if its as well translated as hl1 and q1-2 though. I doubt it. Also wanted to put it on the record, I bought skyrim vr and fallout 4 vr(just cause it was so discounted, I hate paying for that shit again) and its amazing, bethesda couldnt make a bugfree game with a gun to their head! I spent more time making those two playable properly than any non vr game I done :P But once I got them stable and a conservative amount of enhancment mods their pretty awsome. Also was wondering of you tried might and magic dark messiah through vorpx? So far its the game that looks and runs best so far, its look to aim ofc but doesnt seem to be a problem in that type of game, also tried kingdom come, it seems worth playing with look to aim aswell, but saw a youtube video of someone using motion controls to punch and maybe swing sword. Didnt find any sources or guides for it though

TheBalt
    Participant

Unfortunately i only played kingdom come with regular mods and vorpx, i wasnt aware of any motion control stuff going on with that one. If you got info on that, im 100% interested cause that game could be awesome if you were actually prepping the swings.

I really recommend tho – having been messing with VR since DK2.. Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is the best implementation of VR into an actual “GAME” that ive seen yet. I really would recommend you refund skyrim and fallout and get that if youre short on cash. Skyrim and Fallout are great – but they are very much so “vr tacked on” – it works, its fun, just like games in Vorpx are fun even tho they arent 100% VR…

But if youre really looking for the most legitimate “oh shit, this is what you CAN do with VR”… i think Walking Dead makes the strongest argument for VR that ive seen in all these years since DK2 first got out into the wild.

And i did try Dark messiah of Might and Magic and it just didnt hold up for me well enough to get past like the first hour or so.. might be exactly your type of game, so might have a blast with it.

My best vorpx experiences have been Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro with first person mods. Mass Effect andromeda with first person mod… and others but my brain cant think of em all right now, lol. i got evil within 2 running in vorpx at one point, i think i used a dishonored profile and that worked awesome, but people have said it doesnt work anymore with that profile, i dont know, youd have to test it yourself, but if you get it to work, it was awesome with the first person mode in that game.

Dark Souls 3 is great in first person vr if you wanted to try it but you cant use the lock on – you need to basically play a 2 handed rolling character without a shield or magic, the ‘mod’ to get it in first person just doesnt ‘play well’ with the lock on. For Sekiro its much smoother and that isnt really an issue, loved em both in Vorpx. Sekiro does have mods on nexusmods to add ‘invincibility frames’ to your dodge like Bloodborne if you wanted to make it a more ‘palatable’ experiene. It can be difficult if youre getting ganged up on in that game and dont have i frames in first person, i played without it, but i can definitely see how it could be essential for some players.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!