VR headset not interacting with Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support VR headset not interacting with Vorpx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shane9801
    Participant

Hi there. I just purchased Vorpx and I’m trying to play Resident Evil 2 in VR but when I launch the game and start playing, I’m just playing on big screen mode, no head tracking either. The Vorpx logo shows on the bottom of the screen so the app has definitely integrated with the game but nothing is happening. I’m using the oculus quest 2 on Virtual Desktop.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For vorpX to work with Virtual Desktop you have to set it to ‘SteamVR’ in the config app, Virtual Desktop only grabs SteamVR games not native Oculus.

vorpX’s native Oculus mode only works with Quest if it is connected to your PC with a Oculus Link capable USB3 (or dedicated Link) cable.

BTW: The wired connection via Oculus Link is better in terms of latency.

shane9801
    Participant

Thanks so much ralph! That seems to have fixed the issue. I do have a usb 3 cable which I’ve plugged into the USB 3 slot on my PC but the oculus app recognized it only as a usb 2 connection so I’m not sure what to do there.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since a few months Link also works over USB 2, so it will probably work with your cable. As far as USB 3 cables are concerned you might have to get a better one for the Oculus app to actually detect it as USB 3.

Not much of an issue anymore though since Link also works with USB 2. I can imagine that the image compression might be slightly more aggressive when they detect USB 2, but that’s just a guess.

shane9801
    Participant

Hey Ralf, I seem to be having another issue where the screen will alternate between theatre mode and VR mode every second or so. Do you know what could be causing this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really. Just a guess, but are you by any chance playing with your Touch controllers? If so, you might have pressed the right grip button inadvertantly, which would make vorpX switch to/from EdgePeek mode.

shane9801
    Participant

I thought that might have been the problem too but I did set the controller type to gamepad as I was playing. Do the touch controllers still have input if you set to gamepad?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The grip buttons are hard coded to vorpX functions, the left one serves as shift for the button mapping, the right one eiether as EdgePeek or menu button depending on the shift state. These two buttons are always hard coded to ensure mappings are interchangeable between the various VR controllers as good as possible.

Unless you disabled it or switched the controller visualization to animated hands there should normally be an overlay with the current mapping on the rendered controllers. It always shows what each button does.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!