VR NEWS: Meta shutting down game(s) already

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VR NEWS: Meta shutting down game(s) already

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/6/23588083/meta-shutting-down-echo-vr-john-carmack

That´s the right spirit, ya dipshits! Just cancel even more VR-Exclusive games and shut down servers, this will of course attract even more users get into VR and buy VR-Exclusive titles to begin with!

Not enough that VR is still struggling, especially this meta-crap, they´re already starting to shut down server(s) of game(s).

I don´t care what reason they may have to justify such a stupid move, it for sure will not help VR to become “better” in any way. So why even buying their next titles, when they are going to shut down its servers too soon probably?

Not that i even played ECHO or any other vr-exlusive title lately, let alone multiplayer-only vr-titles, but as a “vorpx-MANIAC” who is playing every game in VR now, i guess we and VR need all the industry-based support it can get, rather than doing the exact opposite META is obviously doing now.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

One of the reasons why i never play games that can’t be played offline. Imagine not being able to play Deus Ex, Half-Life, Dishonored anymore, because the publisher shuts down the servers! Never invest in something that you don’t have control over.

I feel your frustration though. Lone Echo is one of the very few native VR games that reach flat game quality level, and the MP part probably is super fun.

ToxicMike
    Participant

One of the reasons why i never play games that can’t be played offline.

The terribly sad part with the industry these days is the fact that way too many really great games are not only just online-based but somehow require their servers so that once those servers are shut down one day, either the complete game is gone or important features for the single-player experience.

What they did to HITMAN is such a case, the game practically makes no sense when being played offline and i am afraid more of those are coming, since it´s also another way of “protecting” their games from piracy.

I am too glad there are already so many great indie-titles who neither use denuvo nor any kind of drm crap.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Not new to the gaming industry in any way. Once a title stops earning the big bucks support usually goes away. It’s without any doubt incredibly frustrating. There are notable exceptions to the rule, but they are few and far between.

For those who have not played Lone Echo and Lone Echo 2, they are among the absolute best of VR titles. Absolutely brilliant.

Those are story-based single-player games. Echo VR (never played it) is some kind of multiplayer combat game loosely based on the LE universe.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Once a title stops earning the big bucks support usually goes away. It’s without any doubt incredibly frustrating.

Oh of course sooner or later every title will not get supported anymore, but there is a huge difference in not supporting a single player game or making it impossible for OWNERS (who paid money for it) to play it since those fu**tards shut down its servers to save money.

There are probably people who claim “Doesn´t matters, thoaw are old games anyway” and well i say FU** THOSE MORONS! If i paid for a game i want to be able to play it no matter when.

For example, i just installed VELVET ASSASSIN today (looks great on vorpX´s huge theaters-screen by the way! there are games being not that old and they doesn´t look that good), so i am currently enjoying a 14 years old game from 2009 and this one also runs flawlessly well!

If VELVET ASSASSIN would require servers, chances are high i couldn´t enjoy it today, even that i paid for it 14 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!