VR-News: No Blu-Ray 3D support for PS-VR

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VR-News: No Blu-Ray 3D support for PS-VR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

https://mixed-news.com/en/no-blu-ray-3d-support-planned-for-playstation-vr-2/

Guess that´s it. The final deadly blow for 3D Blu-Rays, while VR could have been the last hope for somehow “resurrecting” the already dead 3D-Home Entertainment sector.

That raises the question: With such decisions, are they actually planning to destroy VR all along too?

GhostRider087
    Participant

I dont really understand, why PSVR 2 is so much hyped, because there is so much lesser Content than PCVR, no 3D BluRay Support, you can only play games in a 2D Cinema Screen without any Zoom Option.
    And this costs 600 Euros for an Headset, which cant used as Standalone Headset, the Controllers work only for 4 Hours.. There is only Gran Turismo 7 on PSVR2, i can play more than 10 Racing Sims on PC right now with better Graphics, thanks to Vorpx and i dont have to pay for Online Gaming ;)

With PCVR and Pico 4 (Just 430 Euros) you can play via Vorpx so many games in really great VR, there are so much more possibilities.

With Virtual Desktop or the Vorpx Desktop Viewer and the right Software, which shows the 3D Blu Rays Movie in SBS, you are able to watch them on your PC Headset easily in SBS Mode.
    Or you could rip your own BluRays as SBS Movies and put them on your Standalone PCVR Headset and watch them, without any Console or PC.

PCVR is the future, PSVR2 is just for user, who just own a PS5 and dont like to play with anything else on PC or just want an Plug an Play Experience.

I think it wouldn’t have been difficult to add 3D BluRay support on the PS5…

But :)

Ralph
    Participant

I would prefer to demux your 3D Blu-Rays without Copyrights it into two lossless files (left/right) with MVCtoAVI

https://3dtv.at/Products/MvcConverter/Index_de.aspx

and after that make a upscale to 4K and encode it with x265 to a mkv file

https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

and have fun with vorpx desktop viewer in SBS !

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t even have a Bluray player, just streaming for years, but do Bluray’s work on newer CPUs at all? I faintly remember an article I’ve read a while ago that said Intel threw out some instructions after there 10th gen Core that are required for 4K Blu rays, and AMD never supported those in the first place I believe.

ToxicMike
    Participant

I never jumped onto the 3D-Blu-Ray hypetrain as i am still not riding the 4k train, BUT…

…in case 3D would have been resurrected to experience many movies in 3D via VR-Goggles, i certainly would have at least tried it with chances being high that i would probably start to dive more into 3D movie viewing, but now with this decision, 3D seems to be finally dead for once and for all and there is also no chance of “resurrecting” it with VR-Goggles.

I dont really understand, why PSVR 2 is so much hyped, because there is so much lesser Content than PCVR, no 3D BluRay Support, you can only play games in a 2D Cinema Screen without any Zoom Option.

Well you should hope for PSVR to better get hyped and being sold in high numbers, if you want VR to really “succeed”, no matter what platform we are talking.

This also ain´t solely about PSVR but the fact that such decisions doesn´t really help making VR the kind of “success” it deserves, so in other words, a very successful PSVR will also help VR in general.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Here’s where you’re wrong. I used to have a job as a security guard working in an empty government facility that had been mothballed 20 years ago. My job was to sit there for 12 hours and amuse myself.

I brought my PSVR (because it was portable) and played through loads of games for 5 years. You just can’t do this with PCVR yet, as far as I’m aware. I never complained about the wage, gave my boss any issues or had a bad day at work, it was fantastic. I recommend that anyone that is looking for a sweet job, get a security gig and bring your VR.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!