“WaitUntilMicro took too long” warnings in log file

Homepage Forums Technical Support “WaitUntilMicro took too long” warnings in log file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    phat4l
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am still trying to troubleshoot why I am getting such unusably low performance with VorpX (particularly with Cyberpunk 2077). I have looked through the VorpX log file and have noticed that there are a large number of repeated warnings appearing at the end of the file – here is an excerpt, but there are many more instances in the file:
    WRN: OpenXRDevice: eye offset requested without valid view state.
    WRN: WaitUntilMicro took too long: 27
    WRN: WaitUntilMicro took too long: 42
    WRN: WaitUntilMicro took too long: 25
    WRN: WaitUntilMicro took too long: 112
    WRN: WaitUntilMicro took too long: 212

Does this shed any light on the what the problem might be? What would be causing these “took too long” warnings?

There is also an “ERR: isWindowsVersionOrGreater: 10.0.19041.2364” error at the start, despite my Windows being fully up to date (as far as the Windows Updater is concerned anyway, and my OS Build is showing as 19044.2486). Could that be another clue?

Thanks,
    Alex

Ralf
    Keymaster

As far as Cyberpunk performance is concerned primarily check the hints shown in the profile start message.

Warnings in the log typically are nothing you have to care about. In this particular case they just mean that a wait action in the headset render thread took a few microseconds longer than it ideally would have. Nothing to worry about at all.

The version message is just a leftover debug message highlighted as error so I can find it easier, shouldn’t actually be there at all. All good.

phat4l
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. The hints in the profile don’t really provide any help, unfortunately though. As indicated in my earlier thread regarding this issue, I am running at the lowest resolution, and with all graphics settings on minimum (and raytracing off), yet I am getting screen update rates in response to head movement of less than 1 fps. Even the initial tutorial screen that introduces the mod has massive judder. My CPU usage is around 30% and GPU usage around 15% so it doesn’t seem like it is a system resource issue at all.

I assume it must be some kind of conflict, but I am at a loss on how to figure out with what. Is there anything else in the log file that could shed some light on this? The only remaining step I can think to try is to upgrade to Windows 11, but I am worried that may lead to other problems – could that be worth a go though? Is there anything else I could do to try to isolate the cause of the problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s definitely not right.

Not really sure though what to recommend specifically, sorry. You can find pretty much all information required to troubleshoot conflicts with other programs in the pinned trouble shooting post, there isn’t anything I could add to that. TLDR: disable *EVERYTHING* you may have running in the background.

phat4l
    Participant

Yep, already tried task killing literally everything non-essential from Task Manager (including GoG Galaxy after the initial game launch) without seeing any noticeable impact. I think I am going to have to try the Windows 11 upgrade, and if that doesn’t make any difference I guess I am just out of luck and VorpX is useless to me for some inexplicable reason :(.

phat4l
    Participant

Well I am pleased to report that I have managed to solve the issue. After a re-install I noticed that the judder was not present until I installed Cyber Engine Tweaks. Looking at the log files for CET I noticed that it was complaining about being unable to open a database file, so I wondered if it was some kind of weird file location or permissions issue, and had the thought that maybe it didn’t like being on a secondary drive. So I cleared up some space on my main C drive, and moved it across, and voila I am now getting stable 60 FPS in game and 90 in the headset!

So in case it helps anyone else, if you are having problems, you might want to try moving Cyberpunk 2077 to your system drive.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Awesome. Glad you figured it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!