Walking simulators and Lust for Darkness

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Walking simulators and Lust for Darkness

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kalfster
    Participant

I love walking simulators in 3D VR and have gotten Gray dawn and Everybodys gone to the rapture and The park to work in 3D cinematic screen by checking the game engine and copying a profile from another game with the same engine. They all look very pretty and i can highly recommend them if you are into walking sims.

Trying to find out what game engine the game “Lust for Darkness” uses in order to
    use a profile from another game to get 3D working. Not successful yet and can’t find the game engine by searching online. Anyone any tips ?

Cheers

RJK_
    Participant

Since the game hasnt been in development for very long i would try some of the newer engines like unity, Unreal 4. Sometimes you can find out what engine they use when comparing to their gamelist but in this case it seems theire a new developer. Another thing you can do is to try profiles from newer games that have similar graphics styles. Using for example a profile from a typical strategy game for a 1rst person shooter wouldnt make much sense, so you can narrow your search a bit.

Kalfster
    Participant

Thanks RJK_ ! I already tried Unreal 3 and 4 and Cryengine but i did not think of Unity ! Which of course is very popular in game development. So i copied the profile for Life is Strange: Before the Storm which seems to be a 2017 Unity game and……bingo ! G3D working. Still tweaking (for example 3D Strength bit higher) but looking very promising. Thanks again !

For other walking simulator fans out there, i usually like cinematic screen with head tracking off better than full VR. Image quality is usually better and sometimes a mouse is nice instead of head tracking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!