Watch Dogs 1

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Watch Dogs 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Are you going to update this profile to get G3D working, proper ?

matteo39
    Participant

the only problem is light flickering by night time…

Dave
    Participant

Because of Watch Dogs Legions, it would be nice to play Part 1 + 2 again in G3D, but the flickering in Part 1 spoils the fun for me and Part 2 has no G3D until now.

dellrifter22
    Participant

If WD Legions is coded anything like WD2 and the recent Assassins Creed games, I wouldn’t hold my breath for G3D anytime soon. They are so CPU intensive that performance in G3D runs frame rates in the single digits, or that is my experience attempting G3D for AC Origins and WD2.

You would also face some lighting and shadow issues and resort to disabling them entirely, hurting the overall beauty that Ubisoft worlds provide.

Z3D in these 3rd person open world games is still very worthwhile in my opinion.

Dave
    Participant

maybe the upcoming Nvidia 3000 and Ryzen 4000 can do it, for Watch Dogs 2 and AC Unity + Syndicate

mrunboxerman
    Participant

hey guys, I have a question: is there a profile for watch dogs 2? Thanks.

Dave
    Participant

yes, in the vorpx config tool in the cloud profiles section

jjensson
    Participant

Does WD1 have a working Z3D profile?

Dave
    Participant

yes, it supports Z3D and G3D in a official vorpx profile both, but in G3D the problem is light flickering by night time, but Z3D is working perfect.

jjensson
    Participant

Thank you, user77, i’ve always preferred Z3D anyway – better performance and all lighting works as intended. There’s a rule of thumb with VorpX: the newer the game, the more problems it will have with lighting in G3D. I tend to play older games in G3D and current games in Z3D, provided the profiles work without issues.

jh87
    Participant

This game does not work in VR type 3d(geometry) When we purchased this product for his Quest it was actually the first game my young son wanted to try( Us being Chicagoans and seeing our city in VR haha) but it does not work I tried everything and there is no Tomb Raiderish real 3rd person VR working at all. Would appreciate any guidance as this game is on offical VR list and very disappointed with results. Thanks

VRified Games
    Participant

I can’t get vorpx to hook Watchdogs 1, its the epic store version….is there like, an anti cheat or something I need to disable?

Thanks guys

jjensson
    Participant

Did you try the alternate hooking method?

VRified Games
    Participant

I did.

Unfortunately it still failed to hook

Also tried making a shortcut, same thing

:-(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check for conflicts with other programs on your PC that also hook into games. That’s usually the problem when hooking into a game fails. Detailed information on the matter in the trouble shooting post on top of the ‘Technical Support’ sub-forum (or in the vorpX help).

BTW: Whenever vorpX can determine that hooking failed, from the next version on it will show a dialog that allows to install a hooking helper DLL for the game in question. Copying override DLLs to a game folder isn’t exactly elegant, so it should only be used if necessary, but this ‘sledgehammer-method’ should help with the majority of potential hooking conflicts without getting to the bottom of the matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!