Watch films

Homepage Forums Technical Support Watch films

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    skynet24x
    Participant

The questions are
    Is it possible to watch an ordinary movie, so that it seems that it is 3D.
    Do I need a special player? Do I need a special movie format?

I tried to run my KMplayer player, in the mode of cinema mode, by analogy with the game. Feels like watching a movie in a movie theater! But without 3D!

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX cannot convert 2D movies to stereo 3D. Unlike games movies don’t contain any information that would allow an app like vorpX to create stereo 3D. Some 3D TVs tried to guess what might be foreground and background based on colors and motion, but stuff like that never really worked well.

You can however watch actual 3D movies in stereo with vorpX (and of course also normal movies in 2D). The best players for that are VLC and MPC-HC, for those vorpX has its own profiles.

skynet24x
    Participant

And what is the extension of 3D movies?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no specific extension for 3D movies. They are just movies that happen to have two images side by side. For checking how 3D movies work you can find sample clips on YouTube.

skynet24x
    Participant

Now I downloaded a 3D movie, and also installed 2 of these players. Both show a picture divided in half. What does that mean?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can switch the content type to SBS 3D in the vorpX menu one the ‘Image Settings’ page. Maybe also on the main page for video player profiles, cant remember currently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!