We need a height feature in ambient cinema mode

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion We need a height feature in ambient cinema mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I was playing GTA V in cinema mode the other day, and though it worked well I kept getting bothered by the fact, that my eyes wasn’t centered to the screen, but was looking slightly up at it. It was totally possible to aim down the iron sights, but it also felt really annoying that the center point was too high.
    I know you are trying to restrict the amount adjustables in the menu, but I feel like this is such a simple thing that would really make my vorpx experience better.

Ralf
    Keymaster

[ALT][SPACE] recenters the postion in cinema mode (and positional tracking in general). Doing this resets the cinema mode camera to the world origin, which in effect centers the screen both horizontically and vertically.

I’m not sure whether that would make sense anywhere, but you can also use this as a trick to calibrate an off-center neutral position. Moving your head a bit down and then pressing [ALT][SPACE] would result in a neutral postion slightly above the screen center for example.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve done that, but it’s kind of a hassle to get right and I tend to move around a lot, so I often need to recenter, which doesn’t work well. It takes me out of the game too much, when I have to squeez down constantly. It’ll work for now, but I still think a heigh offset would be a good idea :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!