webroot blocking vorpx ?

Homepage Forums Technical Support webroot blocking vorpx ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gritts
    Participant

hi,cant get vorpx working unless i disable my webroot completely ? ive put all the files in allow list and it still wont work but configure vorpx works,any ideas how i can bypass this ? feels like ive wasted £28 !!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is a false positive. Please exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning in your av program’s options.

You should also inform your av vendor about this false positive so that they can resolve the issue.

gritts
    Participant

webroot is blocking this unless i shut it down,ive sent them an email to sort this false positive and im waiting on their reply,my webroot has not got the option to stop scanning folders i can only add the files to allow list but still no joy

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe you could change to another, less invasive, av solution?

gritts
    Participant

ive paid for the subscription for a year with webroot & would rather stick with it,maybe vorpx should put a warning on there software that some AV software will block it from running & saved me spending £28 on something i cant use (at the moment)

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is not a vorpX problem. It’s a problem of Webroot falsely classifying vorpX as malicious. Quite odd that it doesn’t even allow you to exclude something from scanning if you wish to do so.

Most other av vendors are quite aware that their programs can lead to false detections and thus allow their users to exclude programs/folders from scanning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!