Weird “black-pencil”-graphics-glitch with FARCRY 6

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Weird “black-pencil”-graphics-glitch with FARCRY 6

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

This never happened yet to any game on vorpX and i´ve played a lot to this point.

Problem is “black pencil lines and circles” appearing slightly in cut-scenes (mostly on character faces), also in the menu but mostly and heavily during gameplay, starting to show right at the beginning of the game where everything looks fine except when looking up the nightskies:

In almost all gaps between clouds are those pencil-lines appearing, with smaller circles in the middle.

Any idea WTF is causing this or if someone had such a similiar issue with other games?

Oh and well, yes of course those glitches only appear inside my VR-goggles while they are non-existent on my monitor.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Also, my Oculus device started to have certain connection-issues within the last months, obviously getting worse now.

I am just mentioning this since there also might be chances that those “pencil-lines”-issues are cauesd by my oculus device maybe(?).

matteo39
    Participant

which profile you use for far cry 6?

ToxicMike
    Participant

Hey matteo39 thanks for replying!

The one by [destructeur] wasn´t working so i checked the [luka2009] profile which works well (except that weird glitch).

I actually just came back from giving it another try with tweaking the configurations this time, so as it looks like:

Switching to 3D [both zNormal and zAdaptive does it] mode, even that 3D does not work (since DX12 i guess), makes the glitch disappear!

Haven´t yet figured out if there is another way of tweaking it so that this glitch disappears, but since switching to 3D solves it, it´s totally fine for now.

Happily it is not my oculus-goggles causing it after all.

Edit: Glitch (with 3D off!) seems to happen mostly on certain dark to black colors of the screen, so the nightskies is full of those glitches while the white little stars are surrounded by those black pencil circle-shapes.

dellrifter22
    Participant

That kinda sounds like what happens in some games when you have vorpX image sharpen set to Medium or High. See if setting to Low helps.

I wish we could get a Z3D profile for Far Cry 6. I’ve had no luck with all existing dx12 profiles.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Thank you dellrifter22! I set Clarity FX off (“low” didn´t do it) that also solved the problem.

matteo39
    Participant

sorry, but you play far cry 6, with vorpx, in 2d? without 3d effect?

ToxicMike
    Participant

sorry, but you play far cry 6, with vorpx, in 2d? without 3d effect?

LOL I play almost all of my games in vorpX without 3D-Effects, let alone Full-VR. I only try/use the latter two on certain occiasons.

And nope, free vr-desktop apps can be very troublesome with certain games so since i have wasted too many troublesome hours with those free apps, vorpX is the deal, regardless if i am using its great 3D/Full-VR options or not.

matteo39
    Participant

is now not yet possible to play far cry 6 in 3d, with z-normal?

ToxicMike
    Participant

is now not yet possible to play far cry 6 in 3d, with z-normal?

3D can be troublesome with DX12, in certain cases certain games still keep running in 3D (if i remember correctly then HORIZON ZERO DAWN was one of the few still running in 3D even it uses DX12)

FARCRY 6 seems to be running with DX12 since one of its latest updates, so there was happening the same with RESIDENT EVIL (remake) getting a DX12-Update and since then refusing to run in 3D.

I was enjoying RE in 3D by the way, until those capcom-dorks decided to update the game with DX12 so then i had to continue playing the game in “boring” 2D then LOL.

Seems to be a common thing these days to do updates on games and suddenly change from DX11 to DX12, so i hate to say it but in certain cases it´s probably better to just pirate certain games and keep the game from doing certain more or less “useless” updates, especially when those are “destroying” a vorpX-3D experience that way.

Edit: Regarding your question, switching to 3D just made the glitch go away but i didn´t notice any 3D-effects so i am afraid the answer is “no”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!