What do we know about the Cyberpunk 2077 engine?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What do we know about the Cyberpunk 2077 engine?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I know you love being cornered into making comments on predicting the future, and then having people take your response as a signed contract of commitment.
    So, to make your day, I just thought I’d start a conversation about what you think so far, in terms of what we know about the engine, any technical nuances which may present problems, etc?
    How do things look in general regarding this game, not having actually seen it yet?
    Should I keep my spot at the front of the hype train, with my party hat on? Or just stop playing games forever after having realized that god has abandon me?
    No pressure.

dborosev
    Participant

“No major surprises yet, so I’m cautiously optimistic. But we’ll see”

and

“It does some weird sh!t and uses its own proprietary engine, so who the hell knows at this point”

..are also valid answers.

steph12
    Participant

i bet it will run on updated witcher 3 engine, read more nextgen proof, with RTX and so on, the fact that cdprojekt has already announced that they’re going to release the witcher 3 with RTX and others stuff on nextgen consoles make me think both games have the same engine as base.

that means we can be optimistic that we’ll be able to play cyberpunk 2077 in VR using vorpX :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!