Immersive Screen (and content) distance in meters, roughly?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Immersive Screen (and content) distance in meters, roughly?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarcDwonn
    Participant

I wonder how far away the Immersive Screen is per default. By that i mean to what distance will my eyes focus if i look into the distance in Immersive Screen mode. Will they focus to infinity? Or just 5m away?

With flat gaming my issue always was that no matter how much the screen filled up my vision (38″ ultrawide), when i looked into the “distance” in games for longer, it felt straining on my eyes, and the immersion suffered. I don’t have this issue with vorpX, which is good news for my eye health, and great for “muh immersion”. :)

So i’m curious. Any rough ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hope you can live with precise values instead of a rough estimate. ;) At default settings (scale 1.0, distance 0.0) the immersive screen is 1.2m high and 1.5m away. How wide it is at these settings (obviously) depends on the screen aspect ratio, with a 16:9 res: 2.13m.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

Superb, thx!. It will still end up as a rough estimate, because i set the screen a bit farther away than the default value in TW3, which was probably 0.2 (?)… :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!