What is the proper resolution to run Fallout New Vegas in?

Homepage Forums Technical Support What is the proper resolution to run Fallout New Vegas in?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nutella
    Participant

Im trying to get the game to look right with a good resolution in the Rift S.

When I run it the game launcher menu comes up and I choose 5:4 windowed and the resolutions are tiny and horrible but the game boots up, but if I choose fullscreen it unlocks 1080p in the drop down, but the game freezes right at launch on the very first screen. Is it freezing because of fullscreen?

What base configuration should i be using here? full/windowed? Which format and which resolution?

And is there a way to make the picture sharper?

I plan to use 2x supersampling with oculus tray tool and should I max AA in game and 15 on anistropic? or is there any known graphic tricks? I feel like i cant find info on this anywhere else.

Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Oculus supersampling does not affect the actual game resolution. Please do not use it, would be a severe waste of GPU power. What counts is the actual game resolution.

vorpX can adjust the resolution automatically for FO:NV. You should see a message about changing the resolution in the top left corner of the game window. If not check whether you maybe accidentally disabled automated settings in the config app. If you are unsure try a factory reset.

With auto settings enabled you can select a preferred quality on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu. Go as high as you can without sacrificing too much performance.

To get the most out of the automated settings feature also check the “Custom Resolutions” section in the help, which contains a step-by-step guide how to add resolutions to your PC that it can not display normally.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!