What is up with the forum search?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What is up with the forum search?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TightAssPants
    Participant

How do I search the forums? The search on the top right only searches the main Vorpx site.

Smoils
    Participant
    Frank024
    Participant

I also don’t see search bar. Help is appreciated.

tufeixp
    Participant

I also don’t see search bar. Help is appreciated.

neither do I!

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

It’s a wordpress site. Just search with Google instead and hopefully the bots will have drilled down far enough to find the results you want. I’m mean, at least it isn’t Reddit, right?

The days of truly excellent discussion forums are simply over and gone, as far as I can tell. Even supposedly ‘enterprise’ level products like Ubiquiti/Unifi now have awful forums, with extremely poor layouts and nearly useless search functions.

Kudos to GTPlanet, for retaining their ancient (and absolutely fantastic) forum layout and structure. You can find anything you want there in a matter of moments. It doesn’t look all cool and modern and hip, but damn does it work well!

This forum here for vorpX is much, much, much better than many! At least it has a has a basic hierarchical structure, instead of a being a ‘stream of consciousness’ like we’re starting to see elsewhere!

Saalivar
    Participant

Add site:vorpx.com before any search subject in google and it will search results only in the vorpx forums. Enjoy!

sylvan
    Participant

hello, can you give us the answer

bravekat
    Participant

The search forum function is missing, which makes finding the Vorpx info you need difficult. Has the forum search been disabled intentionally?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The internal forum search is currently unavailable. Please use Google as described by Saalivar two posts above for the time being.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that the internal search function is available again.

dellrifter22
    Participant

That’s good to see. Thank you.

RJK_
    Participant

Very nice to see,thanks !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!