What other VR systems does VorpX work for?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What other VR systems does VorpX work for?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xrc6
    Participant

Curious if it works with Pimax 4k and Windows VR sets? Will it support the upcoming Pimax 8k? Curious how it would work with it having a 200 degree FOV and higher resolution.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In general vorpX works with every headset that supports either the Oculus runtime or Steam VR. Pimax 4K and Windows MR are known to work fine and are used by quite a few users.

Can’t say much about the Pimax 8k yet. 200 degrees are technically impossible with a single “camera” as used in current “flat game” rendering though. The theoretical maximum is 180, the more reasonable max. FOV you should assume with vorpX is 140-150, provided games allow FOVs that high.

The maximum resolution is only limited by your PCs performance, that has always been the case with vorpX.

RJK_
    Participant

The pimax has real good user ratings as far i can read from the internet, but i fear that headtracking and controllers would not be good as with the vive/oculus.

xrc6
    Participant

In general vorpX works with every headset that supports either the Oculus runtime or Steam VR. Pimax 4K and Windows MR are known to work fine and are used by quite a few users.

Can’t say much about the Pimax 8k yet. 200 degrees are technically impossible with a single “camera” as used in current “flat game” rendering though. The theoretical maximum is 180, the more reasonable max. FOV you should assume with vorpX is 140-150, provided games allow FOVs that high.

The maximum resolution is only limited by your PCs performance, that has always been the case with vorpX.

Maybe the virtual screen mode can be zoomed in enough to cover most of the peripheral? I’m a backer so I’m supposed to be getting one within the next couple of months or so, will be interesting to see how the Pimax 8k will upscale VorpX enabled games. I’m happy enough to know that it’s possible that it may function at all since I don’t play too many actual VR games anyway.

The pimax has real good user ratings as far i can read from the internet, but i fear that headtracking and controllers would not be good as with the vive/oculus.

I know it uses the Vive 2.0 tracking system so it should be virtually the same. The controllers are still in design but they are knuckle based with sensors for each finger so you can open hand but I’m sure the game has to support it first. Or you can of course just use the Vive wands instead but I don’t think they are sold separately which is a shame.
    Controllers won’t release until end of year anyway. I don’t even have the Touch controllers for my Rift so I’m hoping I can get by somehow without them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!