What settings do I need to change?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What settings do I need to change?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gojak
    Participant

Sometimes things appear on the extreme periphery of my vision. Usually this is menus of some sort. Anyway, what happens is I can’t tell what I’m clicking. I know you can click the middle mouse button to edge peak, but I’d like a way to adjust this a bit better.

This is most apparent in a game like Fallout 76. I can’t see like half the pipboy when I bring it up. You tend to use pipboy quite often in that game, so I’m looking for what settings I need to change to be able to see it better. It really isn’t optimal to use the edge peak button every time I open the pipboy.

RJK_
    Participant

I guess there is not mch you can do. I am using TAB for pipboy and the key above for edgepeek which makes pipboy usage quite easy. This counts fopr Fallout4 but should work the same way in FO76.

Gojak
    Participant

Yeah, it might be a better idea to just change the edge peak key. Middle mouse button doesn’t work well for it. At least for Fallout 76.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That can be done in the config app.

The PipBoy can’t be scaled unfortunately, the HUD can (and is), but the PipBoy is part of the normal game world.

Gojak
    Participant

I tried to bind the edge peek to a thumb button on my mouse. It didn’t work…

Gojak
    Participant

What I did find out is that you can toggle edge peak by just doing a single fast click on the middle mouse button. Then go back to normal by tapping it again. For whatever reason I was under the impression the button had to be held down, and you can do it that way if you want. But toggling makes it a lot easier for games with a lot of menus such as Fallout 76 that you use a lot.

Gojak
    Participant

Is there a setting to kind of “push” the screen back if you will. It can feel too close sometimes. I don’t mind if I catch some of the boarder either, it’s not gonna kill the experience for me.

Killakaze
    Participant

Maybe Try a different Mode in Vorpx menu. I usually prefer to use Immersive Screen mode and the native resolution of my Vive Pro so i get the correct aspect ratio and adjust vorpx zoom so I end up with even black borders around the image.

error55o
    Participant

Sometimes things appear on the extreme periphery of my vision. Usually this is menus of some sort. Anyway, what happens is I can’t tell what I’m clicking. I know you can click the middle mouse button to edge peak, but I’d like a way to adjust this a bit better.

This is most apparent in a game like Fallout 76. I can’t see like half the pipboy when I bring it up. You tend to use pipboy quite often in that game, so I’m looking for what settings I need to change to be able to see it better. It really isn’t optimal to use the edge peak button every time I open the pipboy.

I bought VorpX to use with Fallout 76, I’ve had 3 diffarent results, 1st result was great, could read everything, move quite smoothly ect, nothing bad to say but I had the chatmod installed and it caused a conflict with the enter key so I removed that mod, also, as I was testing things, I tried a 2nd profile for Fallout 76, this wasn’t so great even though I’m no longer using the chat mod, so I reverted back to the 1st profile I tried.

everything was better again… except now a 5th of the pipboy doesn’t show on screen and the text… normal loot text looked like it was too small and unable to render properly, used the edge peak and it all became readable, so at this point, I took of the head set (oculus Rift S btw) and looked at my monitor… Fallout 76 was only half my screen rez and looked horrid, I reset the screen res but got distracted by my team mates and ended up playing back at my normal 1920×1080 rez but to FOV was still set to the VR (not really a issue once I got used to it lol) and then it was too late to hook in the VorpX to retest but I did notice that my pipboy and text was again all on screen and also readable when I was playing with out the VR hooked in, I’ll test later with VorpX hooked in but I’m hoping this will help figure out why your game looked the way it did :) I will also update this with my findings later

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!