What version of 'VorpX' am I currently running?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What version of 'VorpX' am I currently running?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EviL FazZ
    Participant

How does one find out which version of ‘VorpX‘ I’m currently running?

I can’t see the version/build number anywhere and I’m trying to get it to work with my ‘Oculus Rift DK2‘, but it just keeps referring to the older Oculus Config Utility (Build v1.1/SDK 0.2.4) and not the current one (Build v1.4rev/SDK 0.4.0).

Thanks []^__^]

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you bought vorpX recently, you have version 0.64. The version number is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen whenever you run a game with vorpX.

EviL FazZ
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, but for now that means I still have to ‘guess’ what version I’m using, as I can not actually use the software at all within any game currently, as I’m using the Oculus Rift DK2, which isn’t supported it seems?

As I said already, VorpX still refers to Oculus Config Utility (Build v1.1/SDK 0.2.4) and not the current one (Build v1.4rev/SDK 0.4.0). It’s possible that I’m meant to ignore this part and VorpX will use the newer SDK version, but no idea again?

Thanks anyway, I guess I’ll try again in a couple of weeks when it’s possibly hopefully officially supporting the Oculus Rift DK2 []?__?]

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can also navigate to the vorpX install folder and check the file properties of vorpControl.exe. If you bought vorpX recently, you have version 0.64. This version does not use the SDK 0.4 yet, the update will be available shortly. Stay tuned.

Regarding your main issue please check my answer to your post in the DK2 first aid thread. With the settings that are displayed in the screenshot you posted, vorpX cannot work with the DK2! Details are in my earlier answer above.

EviL FazZ
    Participant

Thanks again Ralf, I finally got VorpX to work with my Oculus Rift DK2 and can confirm it’s v0.6.4 []^__^]

May I suggest you put a version/build number within VorpX itself (like Steam does too) and a ‘startup splash’ suggesting it was updated with a brief log summary if possible too {}^__^}

I few other issues, but will tinker and tweak a little first before annoying you again ()^__^)

EviL FazZ
    Participant

I gather it’s not possible to ‘edit posts’ on this forum? []?__?]

Ralf
    Keymaster

Already done for the next release. The version number will be always visible in the config app.

Glad you have it working as far as currently possible. For the real thing you will have to wait for the next version though. Won’t take too long.

Editing posts indeed doesn’t really work with this forum software, sorry.

EviL FazZ
    Participant

Excellent Ralf & co \[]^__^]/

EviL FazZ
    Participant

I’ll treat posting here as like posting to a 1990’s website, much like the pointless Facebook and/or Twitter junk, where it has no real options or features (as such), unlike the far better Google+ \[]^__^]/

Anywho, it’s fine (sort of) …I just have a stupid habit of noticing errors after I’ve posted/replied with a combination of frantic typing and Typo-OCD \{}%__%}/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!