Whats your experience with RPG games and small Text

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Whats your experience with RPG games and small Text

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello guys,

Right now i am playing Kotor 2 ( RPG with a lot of text to read ). I play this in Full VR Mode with edgepeek for text reading and menu interaction. Though whith gaining resolution text becomes very small and in corners quite distorted. (Using the Vive) Pulling the image more to center with edgepeek doesnt help here because text becomes even smaller. In this game the text is written in a wide bar at the bottom of the screen so i have to move my head very strongly into the corners all the time. Using the magnifier in cinema mode would only help partly because i need to move it slowly all the time across each text bar from side to side. –

To Ralf: Since each game has its own text behave, may be a configurable magnifier (may be a rubber band that you pull across an area on screen which is used then by the magnifier for the whole game ) could help in such cases ? – Or a magnifier in edgepeek mode. I imagine while in edgepeek mode when text appears even smaller, a big magnifier could pop out of the window to compensate areas with small text. I personally use edgepeek as a relatevely small window where i can overlook the whole scene without turning my head to side too much.- (Just something that came up my mind, no complaint, may be theres already a solution for it and i just dont see it.)

How do you guys handle such games with text appearing too small or too far in corners or too way down on the screen ? Edgepeek, Cinema, Immersive Screen, Magnifier ?

dellrifter22
    Participant

If you haven’t already, try scaling edgepeek to ~100% and see if that keeps the text large enough for you.

It should give you cinema like headtracking to look down in the corners.

RJK_
    Participant

Yes,shure. I am using an edgepeek size somewhere beetween neckpain and text readability, i guess thats all i could do.

I could lower res. to anlarge text, but thats not we want and it lowers image quality.

RJK_
    Participant

I just came to another idea, may be an interesting feature for vorpX. Instead of creating another magnifier how about moving the whole edgepeek screen around ( hotkey+mousebutton ), so for such cases as with Kotor 2 the area that is distorted and too small can be moved temporarily further to the center of the screen for better readability. Releasing the hotkey+mousebutton makes the screen snap back to its original state and position. A function like that could also help for any other object which is too small or/and somewhere at the border of the game. – Or a function like hotkey+mousebutton+mousewheel that even zooms edgepeek screen in and out while moving it around. hmm i hope i am not overdoing it with having ideas…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!