Where’d the DirectVR go in Stanley Parable?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Where’d the DirectVR go in Stanley Parable?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

Am I crazy, or did this game used to have DirectVR? I don’t see the option anywhere in the VorpX menu.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There have been two similar cases yesterday with other games, which could be solved by a factory reset/reinstall. Probably an issue with a corrupt database.

Before you do anything: I’d really like to look into this. It would be great if you could ZIP the contents of your vorpX data folder and send me the archive to support |at| vorpx com, so I can take a look at the underlying issue.

The folder in question is: C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX

The ProgramData folder is hidden per default, “Show hidden files” has to be enabled in the Windows Explorer options.

Many thanks in advance!

lipplog
    Participant

Sent! Let me know what you find. Happy New Year!

lipplog
    Participant

You were right. I reinstalled and all the games have DriectVR again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The issue has been identified, thanks for your help! It is related to importing profiles from the cloud (or profile files), which can lead to Direct VR settings being stripped from the profiles under certain circumstances.

A permanent fix will be in the next vorpX version. If you experience this again in the meantime, resetting a profile to default in the config app helps.

lipplog
    Participant

Yeah, I’m finding some games have DirextVR while others have been stripped of it. Once I reset the game to default profile, do I import the VorpX profile again? Or do I just avoid the cloud profiles for those effected games until the next update?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That should not happen anymore with 17.3.1 which was released a few days ago. However, you usually do not have to import official profiles (author [vorpX]) from the cloud, those are already available in your local profile database.

Sometimes there may be updated profiles, but most of the time the official profiles in the cloud are exactly the same as the ones in your local profile database.

Cloud profiles ususally are only required for importing custom profiles/settings from other users.

lipplog
    Participant

Oh cool! Thanks for letting me know!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!