Who wouldn´t mind an even BIGGER immersive screen?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Who wouldn´t mind an even BIGGER immersive screen?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

If no one has any trouble with an even bigger immersive screen mode, Ralf can probably increase it (just a “little”!).

And yes in know, how “big” is “big enough”??? But we can talk about that some time later after immersive screen got bigger (once again).

PS: Sorry Ralf! I know this topic is a pain in the ass but i have to come up with it at least once a year, until you make it bigger (just a little!). ;-))

MarcDwonn
    Participant

Are you using a Pimax with a crazy high FOV, combined with RTX 4090 or a very low resolution? Otherwise i don’t see how the current size would not be big enough.

I have tried a bigger size Immersive Screen and in the end i got back to a smaller one, because the resolution was just not high enough, and/or the FOV wasn’t high enough, and/or the FPS got too low.

BTW, i also realized that the default curve of the Immersive Screen distorts the image too much with a default camera projection (most games), so i dialed it back to be very slight.

Sometimes more is not better. :)

giant.turnips
    Participant

Can’t you decrease the distance in the settings? After all, pushing a 2.5cm screen right up to your eyeball is the same as having a 2m screen 3m away (resolution permitting).

Ender772
    Participant

my immersive screen is too big…there used to be options to make it smaller but i cant find them anymore. Im already at image zoom .40 any closer than that and its too zoomed in

Ralf
    Keymaster

if you see an ‘Image Zoom’ setting currently, you probably have set the ‘Play Style’ option to ‘Full VR’, immersive screen size/distance/etc. controls belong to the ‘Immersive Screen’ play style.

ToxicMike
    Participant

The thing is, when i am looking/focusing at the center of the screen (with maxed out size/distance settings) then i also can still “see a little too much” of the edges of the immersive screen and i got the idea if screensize could be inscreased by another 30% or even 40% percent of its current max size, then i guess the screensize would be perfectly right for the used max distance and the games where i am using those max settings (of course i am not playing all games on maxed out distance and screensize).

And well, the immersivescreen edges would be still there and visible but “less in my view” then.

Are you using a Pimax with a crazy high FOV, combined with RTX 4090

Oculus and a GTX1660Ti

Otherwise i don’t see how the current size would not be big enough.

Oh, it actually is big enough but I just can´t stop thinking of how certain games are probably an even better immersive-screen-experience if i could increase screensize for just those 30 or 40 percent.

I have tried a bigger size Immersive Screen and in the end i got back to a smaller one, because the resolution was just not high enough, and/or the FOV wasn’t high enough, and/or the FPS got too low.

I´d say that strongly depends on the game one is playing and of course also depends on each ones “taste”.

ToxicMike
    Participant

The thing is, when i am looking/focusing at the center of the screen (with maxed out size/distance settings) then i also can still “see a little too much” of the edges of the immersive screen

To be precisely and not to get the wrong idea: Those screen-edges only appear on the upper and lower end of the screen and NOT on the left and right, i can even directly look to the left and the right (with just moving my eyes) and don´t see any edge. Even if i move my head (one tiny bit) to the left and right, those edges are still not visible.

So the “problem” are actually just the upper and lower screen-edges, so an increase of 30% in size would also make those edges disappear and makes a “better” experience with certain games in my opinion, even if that “better experience” probably ain´t way too significant.

…or in other words, the fuckin thing can also stay the size as it is in its current state, those damn edges will happily not kill me or my experience at all LOL.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!