Why Do People Claim G3D is Working When It Isn’t?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Why Do People Claim G3D is Working When It Isn’t?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    haints
    Participant

I’d read posts from people talking about how awesome Doom 2016 was in G3D with Vorpx. So I downloaded two of these “G3D” profiles and spent a couple of hours trying to get it to work with my setup before I finally got it to hook, and … there is NO G3D. Yes, the Vorx menu SAYS G3D, but it very clearly is not. Looks more like a particularly poor implementation of Z3D, which can look nice when done well, but this is not the case with these profiles.

So why do they make these claims? Can they just not tell the difference between actual G3D and whatever this is? Are they deliberately messing with us? What do you think is going on here?

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

I guess DOOM might not have it (I played on the PSVR) but other games absolutely do.

dborosev
    Participant

Can’t comment on those games, bu I’ve actually seen many people on these forums who (it seems) cannot tell if something is 3D or not. Its weird.

TheBalt
    Participant

Im definitely responsible for thinking I had doom working with geo 3d with just some errors cause it was saying it was geo 3d… didnt know much about the program and thought that it meant someone else could get it working right since it said geo3d was in. So you got some of us who are just ignorant of the fact :P lol sorry, sad but true… just didnt understand the program enough, figured since it hooked and said g3d that someone else could properly set it up, that was my case atleast, im sure some others are the same

Destroy
    Participant

Yup, I’ve certainly seem some that didn’t seem like they are in G3D.

Also, maybe at the time they were G3D but now with windows updates, VR updates, driver changes, etc, it no longer works like it use to or at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!