Why do some games not have an FOV option?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Why do some games not have an FOV option?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jarilo
    Participant

Why do some games such as F.E.A.R for example not have an FOV custom setting option under the G3D strength like other games? There is no auto Direct VR so I have to use zoom settings. It appears in Cinematic mode though but disappears right away when in Full VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The FOV in F.E.A.R is set by DirectVR (via an automated ini edit in this case). If you want, you can change it on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu, but there is no need to do that. The FOV calculated by DirectVR is the right one for your headset with no margin of error.

Jarilo
    Participant

I understand, but the FOV adjustment setting under the DirectVR page does nothing.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I believe that makes ini edits that only apply after a game restart.

I’ve found that the main page FOV Enhancement slider only appears after you turn directVR off in the profile. This is probably to prevent conflicts.

See if this enables the Enhancement slider for you, but note that this method can introduce graphical glitches, so should be used as a last resort. Always best to first configure game files directly, use image zoom as much as tolerable, and lastly push a bit further with Enhancement if needed.

For supported games, directVR should do all this for you though.

Jarilo
    Participant

I believe that makes ini edits that only apply after a game restart.

I’ve found that the main page FOV Enhancement slider only appears after you turn directVR off in the profile. This is probably to prevent conflicts.

See if this enables the Enhancement slider for you, but note that this method can introduce graphical glitches, so should be used as a last resort. Always best to first configure game files directly, use image zoom as much as tolerable, and lastly push a bit further with Enhancement if needed.

For supported games, directVR should do all this for you though.

Oh wow thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for. I know that it’s the ideal FOV already but I am experimenting with higher and different resolutions. Seriously appreciate it Ralf and dellrifter22.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!