why do you advertise that this supports The Long Dark when it clearly does not?

Homepage Forums Technical Support why do you advertise that this supports The Long Dark when it clearly does not?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    peanut_butter_jelly
    Participant

I bought this months ago specifically to play The Long Dark. vorpX does not hook into the game unless you make a shortcut with the DX9 flag. In the game, there is no stereoscopic 3D and the head tracking is inverted. After a fair amount of nauseating fiddling I came to the conclusion that it just ain’t happening. I can find no success story of anyone getting vorpX to work with The Long Dark.

So why do you advertise that this works out of the box with the Long Dark? Have you actually tested this? You should stop claiming support if you haven’t tested it and nobody is able to get it to work.

Otherwise you’re wasting the time and money of your customers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since it still was an Early Access title when the original vorpX profile was done, there might have been changes to the game in the meantime that vorpX does not like. Last time it was checked it worked reasonably well with Z-Buffer 3D, no Geometry 3D though. Some games are patched so often these days that unfortunately there always is a chance of a game patch breaking something. Will be checked again before thr next vorpX release, thanks for the heads up.

In regard to inverted head tracking please check whether you maybe play with inverted mouse, which could be counteracted on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu. Unless a game has Direct VR support, vorpX emulates the mouse for head tracking.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!