Why is reinstalling vorpx such a pain in the ass?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Why is reinstalling vorpx such a pain in the ass?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HalloMolli
    Participant

So maybe I am just blind or something but since for whatever reason Divinity Original Sin 2 stopped working for me today (can’t attach to the game anymore) for no apparent reason I thought it was a good idea to re-install vorpx in order to fix this problem. So yeah. I managed to uninstall it and now vorpx wants me to register again?! WTF? What am I supposed to do now? How does the reinstallment process even work anyway? Do I really have to order and paste my own generated code every single time that I want to reinstall? WOW. Not very user friendly and annoying. But maybe I am just not understanding this correctly. Any kind of help is appreciated.

steph12
    Participant

did you try to reset profile for that game or reset vorpx settings to default beforehand ?

anyway, yes you have to do exactly this if you want to reinstall vorpx, it’s not that bad really once you used to.

steph12
    Participant

copypaste your whole name + mail (used while buying vorpx) + the generated code to vorpx support.

HalloMolli
    Participant

Unfortunately I didn’t try to reset the settings. My bad. Next time I will give it a try before requesting a new kew (hence reinstalling the software).

Thanks for your reply @steph12 .

Ralf
    Keymaster

You only need a new key when the request code changes after reinstalling Windows or changing hardware in your PC. Since that isn’t the case here as far as I understand, the key you got earlier should still work. You can also keep the activation on uninstall, so that you don’t have to re-enter the key when you do a reinstall. The uninstaller asks about that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!