Why not an expanded VR Hotkey with modifiers?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Why not an expanded VR Hotkey with modifiers?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UberDemon
    Participant

I love the 4×4 grid for VR Hotkeys which are enabled with looking… why not expand it based on user needs? say if the user wants a 6×10 grid, let them, and allow modifiers (shift/alt/Ctrl)…

Please… and thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

While personally I also consider this one of vorpX’s most useful features, it’s unfortunately probably also its most underused.

I have overhauling it on the nice-to-have list for a long time, but the (apparently at least) lack of general interest in the feature makes it a difficult to decision to spend time on it. It’s not forgotten though, so maybe at some point I will get to it again.

UberDemon
    Participant

Nice to hear from you. This program (vorpX) is a true gem. I’d be willing to donate some funds to make this a reality.

Flandy
    Participant

What does this feature do? Don’t think I’ve ever touched it

UberDemon
    Participant

In the in-game menu, if you cycle through the different pages, there is a VR Hotkey binding grid, which is 4×4. You can assign keyboard commands to it. You activate the keyboard commands by invoking the VR Hotkey command which is invoked by Shift+MouseM (Wheel Button) in game, then you point your head to the button you want activated, and there you have it. In the vorpX you can change the key bindings (say if you wanted to have the VR HotKey Menu invoked a different way.

I combine Joy2Key to allow me to use the joystick to invoke some vorpX commands.

Also, I need to say that in my original post I was wrong, you CAN use modifiers with this feature (Shift/Alt/Ctrl).

Jey123456
    Participant

i love that grid, but using that grid always make me wish we could also hotkey to control the mouse using the same targeting (head movement), aiming.

It would be very useful in some games if you could bind say f13 to “mouse view” or whatever you want to call it then f14 to click, then you could press f13 to switch the cursor to always be where your looking, then combine that with f14 to click and it would allow a quick way to click on things without needing to use mouse emulation on gamepad or an actual mouse to go and click on it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not sure whether I understand this suggestion, sorry. Could you maybe try to explain in a different way?

Jey123456
    Participant

if you meant mine, basically for games where you have occasional menus that dont work well with controller, having the possibility of a hotkey to “move mouse cursor where im looking at” would be great.

This way one could map mouse click to the gamepad, and another button for that feature. then when you have to handle a menu, you could just press/hold the “move mouse cursor where im looking at” hotkey then your mouse ingame would be moved to the center of your vision (same way how you get a cursor to select the virtual key grid feature).

This would be useless for regular gameplay, but so damn usefull when dealing with menus or mousecentric UI when playing with anything but keybd+mouse.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!