Will Blood: Fresh Supply work with VorpX?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Will Blood: Fresh Supply work with VorpX?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

Does anyone own Blood: Fresh Supply and let me know if they got it working with VorpX?

It supports both OpenGL 3.2 and Direct X 11. I am hoping it could at least work in Z3D which is totally fine for this type of game.

I really love the way old school 90s era FPS games that use flat sprites for enemies look in VR, so I know what I am getting into. I loved playing Quell 4D and GzDoom in VR on my Vive. Since there is no official VR mod for Blood: Fresh Supply, does anyone know if it’s possible to get Blood: Fresh Supply working in Z3D on an immersive screen in VorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks neat. A welcomed change from wrestling with complex render pipelines of today’s games. I’ll check it but as always no promises.

slydk1982
    Participant

That would be so cool, Ralf :) I would prefer a full vr profile for this one :)
    But if you are looking into old build engine games, what about Shadow warrior redux?? And maybe Duke Nukem 3D world tour?? But there is a Eduke32 vr, so its not that importent, only for the new 5th episode :)
    But if we could play Blood and Shadow Warrior in vr, it would be amazing!!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Checked it today, works fine in general. Only thing that is a bit odd is the player weapon, which is a 2d bitmap and technically part of the HUD.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short update: “works fine” was a bit premature. While 3D works fine, the game handles FOV in a rather unusual fashion: it’s essentially impossible to set an FOV value that is both horizontically and vertically correct when playing with a headset.

Long story short: the profile will not be included in the next update. I *may* take another look later, but can’t promise anything.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Short update: “works fine” was a bit premature. While 3D works fine, the game handles FOV in a rather unusual fashion: it’s essentially impossible to set an FOV value that is both horizontically and vertically correct when playing with a headset.

Long story short: the profile will not be included in the next update. I *may* take another look later, but can’t promise anything.

Any update on this? I would love to see build engine games supported in VorpX such as Blood. Is it possible to get it to work in an immersive screen instead of full VR? I would love to play these games (as well as Rise of the Triad 94 with the WinROTTGL port) in stereoscopic 3D especially since I’ve been playing a lot of GZ3Doom lately in my Vive.

VRHappyMeal
    Participant

Would also love to see Build Engine support along with this title. 3D mode or VR, either would be most welcome.

r1gskz11
    Participant

With Ion Fury: Aftershock coming out, is there any possibility to get a vorpx profile? Or is it too much of a hassle?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!