Will there be any updates this year?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Will there be any updates this year?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    psyx
    Participant

Hi, just wondering if we can expect any updates soon? I have enjoyed using Vorpx and I would love to see some new games added it’s a great program thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, there will be more updates this year.

There is a new feature in the upcoming update that requires an additional kind of game specific profiles and it just doesn’t make sense to release the update without a decent amount of those profiles being done. That’s why it takes a bit longer this time than it usually does.

psyx
    Participant

Yes, there will be more updates this year.

There is a new feature in the upcoming update that requires an additional kind of game specific profiles and it just doesn’t make sense to release the update without a decent amount of those profiles being done. That’s why it takes a bit longer this time than it usually does.

Sweet Looking forward to it thanks for the response.

rtoast
    Participant

Exciting news! New game profiles? Or updates to existing game profiles?

(Fingers crossed for dying light! )

Ralf
    Keymaster

A new feature that requires additional profiles alongside the existing ones. So, more like updates to existing ones if you want to call it that way.

grumdark
    Participant

I do not understand.
    What new feature we’re talking about?

bakayoyo
    Participant

Sounds like a new 3D reconstruction method that requires different profile parameters.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not a new 3D reconstruction method, but something that simplifies setting up games tremendously and enhances the overall experience.

To not make an ultra large secret out of it: it’s a hugely expanded and refined “Direct Head Tracking” (name will change since it does more now), which previously was only available a bit hidden for Fallout 4 to test the basics. For games that fully support this, it gives perfect 1:1 rotational head tracking, perfectly calculated FOV and in some cases also positional tracking (which means finally positional tracking for Z3D modes!) simply by pressing a button and then waiting a few seconds. Expect about 30 games with this in the next update.

Simply put: no more configuration hassles + better head tracking for games that support this feature.

aliakas
    Participant

great news Ralf
    can you write a sort list of the games to know where to invest my money ?
    tnx again

DiverTough
    Participant

Awesome, Ralf! Will this update also include the vive-mote controls? Will I be able to finally play Skyrim the way it was meant to be played?! Even if you have to lie to me, just say yes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!