Will this software be compatable with the consumer version of the Occulas Rift

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Will this software be compatable with the consumer version of the Occulas Rift

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bloodwars
    Participant

I haven’t bought your software yet,but i have pre ordered the Occulas for when it comes out..Will VorpX software be compatable with the consumer version of the Occulas Rift…As this will determine whether i buy it or not..

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX will support commercial headsets if technically possible and if these headsets gain a substantial share of the market, which obviously is the case for the Oculus Rift CV1.

Currently the Oculus SDK required for the consumer version is not available for all developers. We will start with the CV1 implementation as soon as Oculus releases the according SDK for everyone (and we have a CV1, of course).

Bloodwars
    Participant

So in simple terms is that when the occulas is released you will update your software so it will be compatible with the New relesed version of the occulas,as i dont want to waste money on buying your program if it wont work with my Occulas when i get it..

Ralf
    Keymaster

We will start supporting the CV1 as soon as we can. When that will be depends largely on Oculus as they have to release the software development kit version 1.0 for everyone first.

Bloodwars
    Participant

Ok thankyou for that..I will check back after its been released and see whats whats then,as your software looks good as i have read the reviews and forums on it..So hopefully i look forward to purchasing it in the future..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!