Will Vorpx have support for DX12/Vulkan/UE4 in the future ?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Will Vorpx have support for DX12/Vulkan/UE4 in the future ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

I know you just released some amazing updates lately, we have now a lot of games to play in VR using vorpx and that’s great.

But i am very curious to know about wether or not we can hope for latest API/engines in the future, even if it’s a far future.

As you surely know, more and more games are going to be developped with those engines/API, for example wolfenstein the new colossus is vulkan only game, great game, wish we could play is in VR with vorpx.

And i would gladly pay another full Vorpx price for such support.

Best regards.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll certainly do some research internally, but don’t expect anything to come out of that soon. For some time to come the overwhelmingly vast majority of games will still support DX11, so no need to rush anything. There are other things with more immediate user benefits.

steph12
    Participant

alright, thanks for the answer Ralf :)

markbradley1982
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

I know you just released some amazing updates lately, we have now a lot of games to play in VR using vorpx and that’s great.

But i am very curious to know about wether or not we can hope for latest API/engines in the future, even if it’s a far future.

As you surely know, more and more games are going to be developped with those engines/API, for example wolfenstein the new colossus is vulkan only game, great game, wish we could play is in VR with vorpx.

And i would gladly pay another full Vorpx price for such support.

Best regards.

I am seconding that I would be willing to pay for Unreal Engine 4 and Vulkan support with an upgrade fee. I would also tell people how awesome it is even if it is just cinema mode since that is amazing in 3D and I’ll be sure to stress how under rated it is. Also if all you can do is Z buffer for Unreal Engine 4 games, that would still be amazing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unreal Engine 4 is already supported, Z3D as well as G3D. There are several UE4 game profiles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!