Wings over Flanders fields (WoFF) BH&H2

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Wings over Flanders fields (WoFF) BH&H2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dutch2
    Participant

For the older versions (UE) its is not any problem in running VorpX-VR. Instructions can be found here:

While for the new BH & H2 version it’s a different story as they have changed the shaders. The solution to make it work again is to change in the D3D8.ini file the UseD3D9Ex=1 to 0.
    This could also be the solution for running WoTR WW2 version, as the base is the same.
    https://www.wingsoverthereich.com/
    https://www.overflandersfields.com/

If you want to see my progress, because it’s still needs some tweaking or have some questions, then go for the SimHQ or Combat Ace, WoFF forum and I will try to help you.

Waggaz
    Participant

Hey Dutch, I’ve just tried your solution but every time I launch CFS3 the .ini file rewrites itself back to =1. Any ideas on the cause? I’m using the out-of-the-box most recent version of the game so am wondering if there’s anything else I should install. Any help would be appreciated!

Dutch2
    Participant

What version of Woff do you have?

Hey Dutch, I’ve just tried your solution but every time I launch CFS3 the .ini file rewrites itself back to =1. Any ideas on the cause? I’m using the out-of-the-box most recent version of the game so am wondering if there’s anything else I should install. Any help would be appreciated!

Waggaz
    Participant

Hey, I’m using the current BH&H2 release with a couple of FM mods

Waggaz
    Participant

Ah I found the issue – that config file is in the WoFFScenery directory not the main WoFF folder. The issue I’m now having is optimizing the FOV and framerate. The default view in VorpX is zoomed in pretty close to the cockpit and the FPS isn’t ideal yet for a smooth experience. Help optimizing would be appreciated

Dutch2
    Participant

There’s two D3D8.ini files one in a shader folder and one in the main directory. Change both D3D8.ini files.
    The default view is not optimal but according to the SimHQ and CAF this can be manually be changed. For me the flickering around the shape of the trees are more a irritating point that keeps me away from playing.

Dutch2
    Participant

There’s two D3D8.ini files one in a shader folder and one in the main directory. Change both D3D8.ini files.
    The default view is not optimal but according to the SimHQ and CAF this can be manually be changed. Do a search. For me the flickering around the shape I could find a solution.
    What is holding up back you FPS, GPU or CPU.
    GPU lowering your graphical settings. BTW all my setting in Nvidia are shutdown or application controlled, while power settinyg is max.
    CPU, use a less intense crowded air, lesser terrain details like trees or a quiet front.

I must admit, because of the strange blinking effects around the shape of the trees I did stop in playing this game.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!