Won't Hook with Thief Gold

Homepage Forums Technical Support Won't Hook with Thief Gold

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    haints
    Participant

I have the GOG version. Game is listed as compatible so I don’t know why it won’t hook?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are two ways to deal with potential hooking issues:

1. Try the new alternative hooking method (can be enabled in the config app). Caveat: this method is NOT FOR GENERAL USE, only try it in case of issues with regular hooking. Always try both methods if you encounter issues with hooking a game.

2. Create a desktop shortcut to the game’s main .exe from vorpX’s tray icon right click menu. Doesn’t work with most Steam/Uplay/Origin games, but should work with most GOG games.

If none of that helps, please make sure that no program is running in the background that also hooks into games or might interfere otherwise. E.g. virus scanners, any GPU/CPU utility, video streaming/recording apps, messengers. Generally everything that can show notifications in games.

haints
    Participant

Tried both methods Ralph. No luck I’m afraid. Nothing running in the background that I’m aware of and other games hook–just not this one.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked it for you. Works fine here with both regular and alternative hooking. If you are launching the game from the GOG Galaxy client, try to close it and launch thief.exe directly to start the game.

If that also does not work, double and triple check for anything that might even remotely fall into the catogeries of potentially interfering programs listed above.

matteo39
    Participant

Has thief2 g3d ?

haints
    Participant

Nothing I could do would make the vanilla GOG release work. But then I installed this unofficial patch here:

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

and an HD mod here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold-hd-texture-mod

And now it hooks. Go figure.

matteo39
    Participant

Has a good g3d?

And thief 2?
    I’ve tried them, but graphically there are problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!