Wont Run

Homepage Forums Technical Support Wont Run

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    earwax
    Participant

It only tries to hook into regular apps never games and desktop viewer gives a error, Desktop viewer already running (even after force closing in task manager), If I make a vorpx shortcut the game gives me error “please start vorpx control before using shortcut” even tho its already running. The only thing I can find on this subject says turnoff overlays or anything that might hook in, I have with no luck, (steam overlay, game casting software etc), please help, 40 bucks wasted so far!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please first check whether vorpX Control is really running and not the config app. There has to be a vorpX tray icon (gray “V” on orange background) in your taskbar if vorpX control is actually running.

If that is the case and vorpX still can’t hook into anything, there almost certainly is an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Although you already deactivated some, there might be something else. Not all potential conflicts are obvious, a lot of programs hook into games

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send this archive to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

earwax
    Participant

I sent in the zip

Ralf
    Keymaster

Your system info shows that your are running a laptop with a Geforce GTX 970M GPU. I’m surprised that your Oculus works on that laptop at all. Oculus specifically advises that the vast majority of laptops with a 9xx mobile GPU are not compatible with the Rift.

If you have one of the few that do, for vorpX things are even more complicated: you have to make sure that games are actually started on the Nvidia GPU. The best (and only) way to ensure that is to disable the integrated Intel graphics of your laptop, which your laptop vendor might or might not allow you to do.

earwax
    Participant

Yes my 970m gtx runs my dk2 just fine. I still cannot get vorpx working 100%, desktop viewer says its already running, Only a few games will work. The only way I can get access to the desktop viewer in any way is by launching the vlc profile. why cant I get access to virtual desktop normally?

earwax
    Participant

BUMP

Like really the only answer I get is oh you got a 970m good luck? thats some crap

red
    Participant

Did you try disabling the integrated graphics of your laptop?

earwax
    Participant

My laptop has switching graphics not nvidia’s optimus. I have to choose integrated or gpu at boot.

earwax
    Participant

I still have issues with this, Vorpx is running but doesnt always hook into the game

red
    Participant

Is there anything in Nvidia Control Panel / GeForce Exprerience that will allow you to explicitly select the GPU for specific applications?

Is there anything in your BIOS for ‘Integrated Graphics Configuration’ that allows the GPU to be forced?

Do you have the option to right-click the application and select ‘Run with graphics processor’?

As Ralf points out in his thorough and informative replies, your GPU is unsupported by Oculus. Even though you’re getting somewhere with the Rift it’s likely your PC architecture that stops VorpX from hooking. This isn’t VorpX’s fault.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!