World of Warcraft Access Violation with the HTC Vive

Homepage Forums Technical Support World of Warcraft Access Violation with the HTC Vive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dandorian
    Participant

I have been trying to get world of warcraft to run with the vorpx software but as soon as i launch it, the game crashes saying fatal error “access violation”. i have tried running 32 bit, 64 bit, and other custom profiles but nothing has worked so far.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to switch between DX9 and DX11 also, maybe that helps.

Also make sure that there is no injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Start crashes often are related to other programs also hooking into a game like vorpX, which can cause all sorts of issues.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

Dandorian
    Participant

Please try to switch between DX9 and DX11 also, maybe that helps.

Also make sure that there is no injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Start crashes often are related to other programs also hooking into a game like vorpX, which can cause all sorts of issues.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

I got it working last night by disabling my anti-virus, and by renaming it wow1. though i cant get the camera to look around. Not 100% sure how to get the camera too look around.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!