World of Warcraft and d3d12.dll

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion World of Warcraft and d3d12.dll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    swatt
    Participant

Hi there,

When this dll is present in the _retail_ folder, vorpX recognizes that it may cause issues, and in fact it does. However, it also says it may have been put there by a mod, but I don’t think that’s the case…

I disabled all addons, and then exited the game. I deleted the dll, but the Blizzard launcher puts it back. It looks every time the game is updated, the launcher will put d3d12.dll back. When you click the Play button, it says “Installing…” for a short time, and that’s when the file is back.

I’m on Windows 10, so I don’t think I need this dll. But WoW is insisting on having it, and vorpX doesn’t like it. What to do?

Thanks much for this amazing product.
    -Sandra

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure you can ignore the warning, vorpX doesn’t hook into DX12 in WoW anyway. It’s a generic warning that is always shown whenever vorpX detects a D3D .dll in a game folder.

You have to make sure that the game runs with ‘DirectX 11 Legacy’ selected as ‘Graphics API’ in Settings/Advanced though. 3D only works right ‘DirectX 11 Legacy’. vorpX should change this setting automatically, but maybe that failed for some reason.

swatt
    Participant

Ok, interesting. I was assuming my problem was connected to the warning. I’ll do some more fiddling, and if the problem persists and I can’t find a solution, I’ll post specifics. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!