World of Warcraft retail textures glitch

Homepage Forums Technical Support World of Warcraft retail textures glitch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chukovskiy
    Participant

I thought that the issue might deserve a separate thread.
    The problem is: some textures in retail WoW in G3D mode are misaligned (meaning for example that I can’t focus on a glitched road and its closest surroundings simultaneously)
    Glitched textures always cover the landscape, never seen the issue anywhere else.
    I made a video to demonstrate the problem. In this video I cycle the “main eye” setting and the road drifts along the surface. Two of these states are exactly what left/right eye is seeing. It is clear that the road makes bigger jumps and hence the focus will differ.

Location from the video is where you spawn after creating a human character.

I reinstalled everything I could (except WoW itself and Windows) and played with every possible setting.
    I’ve also made some tests for WoW Classic and it works perfectly, never met any glitch.

So it is just me or others meet this issue as well? Would be glad to see some response.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I read your other post. Every post gets read, unfortunately it’s just not feasible to check everything right away. Thanks for your understanding. If I can replicate the issue in a start area, I’ll see whether something can be done.

Unfortunately I can’t check the whole game though, so in a vast online world like WoW there might always be some offending shader somewhere. If the glitch only occurs in some areas, consider switching to Z3D in areas where it is most distracting.

Lynvae
    Participant

Can be replicated to a much stronger degree in the starter zone of Pandaren characters. Grass becomes quite painful to look at, and there’s grass all around
    Hopefully there’s a fix for this, as the G3D looks great otherwise

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the hint. No promises, but I’ll take a look at it. Although to be honest I slowly lose interest in fixing WoW. We’ll see, maybe I’ll just take it off the official list. One would think after 15 years of tinkering with their renderer these people should slowly be at a point where they can just leave it alone instead of introducing changes every six months that break the vorpX profile.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that the eternal heroic battle for the World of WarCraft (profile) has been fought and won once again, at least as far I can tell from checking start areas. Wasn’t an easy victory though this time. The fix requires an extension to vorpX’s G3D heuristics, so it won’t be available before the next update. No way to address this glitch with just an updated profile.

steph12
    Participant

thanks Ralf for once again fixing Wow profile :) you’re the best !

chukovskiy
    Participant

Great news, thanks for the upcoming fix!
    Hopefully the new WoW expansion won’t break something once again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!