WOW – Mouse Cursor Disappears after 10 minutes

Homepage Forums Technical Support WOW – Mouse Cursor Disappears after 10 minutes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidnicholson
    Participant

Hi, when playing WOW (World of Warcraft) the mouse cursor disappears almost exactly after 5 minutes. The only way to get the mouse cursor back is to change the from windowed to full screen (visa versa) or quit the game and restart.
    I do notice that there is a screen flash when this happens as well and the 3d depth changes slightly.
    Everything else is working great.

I am running on:
    Windows 10
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
    64 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 TI
    HTC Vive (original)

All drivers appear to be up-to-date.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe it’s just the cursor visibility detection that fails. Try ALT+C (inverts the auto detection). With some luck that will brink back the cursor.

davidnicholson
    Participant

Ty. I did try that already.
    No luck.

davidnicholson
    Participant

I spent the last month figuring this out. I don’t know what causes it but if anyone ever comes across this try this… Set WOW to Windowed mode 1024×768. This seems to be the only mode that the cursor stays and the game remains in good 3d.

Now I know what is happening if in other higher res modes in WOW are used. After exactly 10 minutes, Vorpx is setting itself to Immersive Screen Mode then it is amplifying the cursors X/Y position. If you do change resolutions the cursor will come back but only shows the first X: 0-500 and Y:0-500 (top-left) of the underlying screen. It’s like Vorpx only shows the cursor when it’s in the top-left area of the underlying window.

I will submit a bug to Vorpx for this and see what happens.

davidnicholson
    Participant

I stand corrected. Even in 1024×768 the cursor eventually disappears.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!