WoW showing in immersive, not 3d?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion WoW showing in immersive, not 3d?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    xilc
    Participant

I just got Vorpx, and started it up with my Rift S. Whenever I start it, it just shows a flat screen in front of me on my headset… no stereo 3d at all. How can I adjust it so that it allows for the stereoscopic 3d? I’ve looked into everything, but I’m lost.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that you use the latest version of the game and that “DirectX 11 Legacy” is selected in the game options as graphics API. vorpX should do the latter automatically, but maybe that failed for some reason.

xilc
    Participant

This topic here actually sums up my issue. I’m using direct x 11 legacy window mode. Seems to not be sufficient enough to fix the 3d. Anything else I could try @Ralf?

xilc
    Participant

Actually, I made some slight progress. Pressing delete in game has allowed me to select ‘full VR mode’ with geometry as the 3d (not sure which I need). But the issue now is that it’s not 3D all around. It’s just a fixed screen that you can’t see the edges of.

In other words, when I look in any direction, my camera doesn’t move. It just moves the ‘screen’ to that area which means my screen in the headset is sliding all over with no camera movement in game :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Playing the game in Full VR mode is not really feasible since it’s third person and also rather UI heavy. You would at least need a field of view mod and a mod that provides mouselook without having to press the right mouse button for head tracking. Both existed for old WoW versions, but I’m not sure whether that’s still the case

Immersive screen mode is the best compromise for an actually playable VR WoW. If you want, you can pull the screen a bit closer for even better immersion.

Geometry 3D should have been selected per default. If that is not the case, please check whether your game executable is called wow.exe or wow-64.exe. Should be the case when you launch the default game through the Blizzard launcher.

I’ll check whether a recent patch has broken 3D. Unfortunately that’s always a possibility for games like WoW that are under constant development.

xilc
    Participant

I understand. Immersive VR works for me then. Thanks for the help, Ralf! :D I’m all set.

Minabe
    Participant

For the FoV there is these macros:

/run WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, -150) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 150)

/run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints() WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, -150) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 150)

/run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints() WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)

/run WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)

Though you still have to compromise between the resolution and FoV bc the higher the FoV the more the resolution will stretch, making 4:3 no longer the best ratio.

There is also a macro for the mouse camera but i just deleted my unnused WoW folder (bc i couldn’t compromise the FoV after everything i did) and i did not saved it… but there is one and is still out there, basically the macro changes the way the mouse camera works and it will no longer do anything when clicked…

Nvm just found it with a quick search:

/RUN IF ISMOUSELOOKING() THEN MOUSELOOKSTOP() SETBINDING(“BUTTON1″,”CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE”) SETBINDING(“BUTTON2″,”TURNORACTION”) ELSE MOUSELOOKSTART() SETBINDING(“BUTTON1″,”STRAFELEFT”) SETBINDING(“BUTTON2″,”STRAFERIGHT”) END

With these two you are golden, if you can stand relatively low FoV though. Private servers on older versions work better bc the game handled FoV better back then, if you are into one you can try this old mod (tested on WoW 4.3.4 version): https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14943-rFov.html#info

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!