WRC9

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pixelcowboy
    Participant

Hello, I tried the cloud profiles for WRC8 and also launching from scratch. Vorpx launches but I can’t get any 3d effect in immersive mode. How would I go about getting it to work. I’m pretty new to vorpx so any pointers would be awesome. Thanks.

Ogrescar
    Participant

You can get a good Z3D by using a copy of the Resident Evil 7 profile. You may need to install a hook helper to get it to hook using that profile.

I didn’t find a good G3D base profile, but I only tried a few that I thought might work.

pixelcowboy
    Participant

Hi, the RE7 profile did work for the 3d effect! Why did you think to try this profile? However, the gamepad no longer works with this profile, even though the xbox gamepad overwrite is disabled in the settings. Do you have any idea of why that would be? Thanks.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Only thing I can think of is that you’ve got keyboard control instead a gamepad control set in the game’s options. I just tried it with my xbox360 controller and it works find in all modes (cinema and immersive – don’t think the game’s really playable in VR mode but you never know unless you try).

As a last resort, you can try restarting vorpx. Sometimes it gets a bit confused.

pixelcowboy
    Participant

Thanks, disabling touch controllers completely worked. It works but there are some artifacts in the cockpit views, but pretty cool. Can I ask again why did you think of using the RE7 profile?

Ogrescar
    Participant

I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you.

Actually, I knew it wasn’t an unreal or unity game which eliminated a lot of profiles from consideration, or rather they went to the bottom of my list. So I worked my way through games that I thought may be similar until I found one that would work. I usually use the generic VR headset when I’m trying out a new game – toggling between rendering modes can often be enough to tell if the 3d construction is not working without having to put on my headset. I have a copy of every profile already in place so my testing goes pretty fast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!