Wreckfest

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Daveheart
    Participant

I’ve played this game in stereoscopic mode before using NVIDIA 3DTV, and it’s very immersive.
    How much better using my Rift?

While I know there isn’t a built-in profile, using VorpX I was able to retrieve one from the cloud and now it shows up blue in my Local Profiles.

All should be good, but when I start Wreckfest (either via steam, or by navigating to the folder directly and clicking on either .exe) Vorpx doesn’t even try to inject. No errors and no success. Just like it doesn’t even try.
    Is there another step I’m supposed to do after downloading a profile from the cloud?

dellrifter22
    Participant

What profile did you find? one for Flatout 2? I wasn’t able to find any profiles for Wreckfest (aka Next Car Game) on the cloud.

I don’t have any of those games to try myself, but a brief google search suggests they all use some variant of the same base engine (ROMU?). Maybe the Flatout 1 or 2 profile is worth a try. I wonder if those profiles are for Dx9 though, can Wreckfest run Dx9?

Make sure the profile is linked to the correct exe after you import it. if there is not one listed in the add box to the right, then add Wrecfest.exe or whatever it is called.

Note that you can only have one profile per exe assigned at a time, so if you have multiple ones to try, you’ll need to remove the exe from the former one first.

Daveheart
    Participant

Thanks for responding.

I used a profile someone had made specifically for Wreckfest, and they named it Wreckfest, although they may have used the engine you speak of. I understand it used to be called Bugbear’s Next Car Game (and had bought it early as I remember how much fun I had in the Flatout games), but now that it’s released, they’re going with Wreckfest.

I’m still very new to VorpX, but I initially saw the instructions on a steam post and left a comment there as well, but have received no reply. That was what initiated me to do a search on the VorpX cloud for Wreckfest and I had found the exact profile that was mentioned in that post. Imported it. Loaded game.
    Once I couldn’t get it to work, that was when I came here.

Here’s a screen cap that may help you see what I”m talking about. The correct .exe’s are selected.

The only idea I have, is maybe remove the .exes and select them myself, as I don’t have my steam folder in a typical location, however, that didn’t seem to matter when I tested it with Black Ops (it injected just fine).

dellrifter22
    Participant

That is strange, I still get no such profile when i search the cloud. Makes me wonder what other profiles I’ve missed, or if there is some sort of region filter.

I don’t know how old that profile is (maybe it was pre Dx11 update) which again makes me wonder if there is a way to run Wreckfest in Dx9 still, to try with this profile.

I’m not at all familiar with the engine, but you might get lucky duplicating some Dx11 profiles (Assassins Creed Unity or GTA5) and giving it a try for some Z3D.

Hopefully Ralf can give a clue, as he’s done support for the Flatout games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As dellrifter suggests the profile might have been made for an earlier version of the game and not work anymore with the release version.

In general it’s best to consider unofficial profiles made by users “might or might not work”. Most will, but there is no guarantee.

Daveheart
    Participant

Strange that they would named it Wreckfest when it was called Next Car Game before release. Either way, I tried another game. Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which is in one of the included profiles with the software, and it did not try to inject for that one either.
    I then tried Black Ops again, and it worked for Black Ops.

I was pretty certain KCD was on the list of working games, but like with Wreckfest, no error message, and no vorpx message at all. Like it didn’t even try.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I was able to find that profile after updating to the latest vorpX (guess I was one behind), and it looks current and recently made. It’s probably a Dx11 after all. It should probably hook.

And yes, Kingdom Come should hook also, but I don’t have that game yet either to test for myself. Hopefully someone who does can help.

If other games still have hooking problems, then something is fishy and needs deeper trouble shooting.

Make sure your Anti Virus softwares are off, no fraps or performance monitors, and that vorpX is running in the system tray. Close task manager if you have it on top.

Daveheart
    Participant

Ok good point about the AV software. 99% of the time, i never run AV software because I don’t click stupid things, but I’ve been trying out Bitdefender recently.

I also have NVIDIA Shadowplay, though I’m not streaming or recording, but I do use it to keep a frame counter. It hasn’t caused it to have hooking problems with Black Ops, but that is an older game and an older DX, so it’s possible it’s interfering.

Thanks for the advice. I will try disabling those and let yall know how it goes.
    Thanks all the advice and suggestions yall!

Ralf
    Keymaster

BitDefender is one of the most problematic AV programs in regard to vorpX. It almost certainly causes problems and on top of that makes it very hard for its users to disable it fully. You will have to disable multiple components, including the so called “advanced threat protection”.

I would highly suggest to uninstall BitDefender instead of trying to disable it. Since Windows 10 has decent AV protection built in (Windows Defender), additional AV software usually is not required anymore these days.

Daveheart
    Participant

BitDefender was it.
    Once I uninstalled that, it hooked no problem.

I think the profile could use some work. Was hoping the HMD would be given the right joystick axis (how you normally look around while driving) ala most racing games, so you could look around as you would driving (albeit limited since the game doesn’t allow you to look up or down on the in-car cam) but it’s not setup that way in this profile.
    I might try to figure out these profiles and see if I can’t get one together that works a little better.

It does let you play it cinema style with Z3D, which is still pretty nice. I have a 120″ 3D projection system, but for 60hz I can only run it @ 720p, so it was nice to see it just as big (virtually) but still with all the details (I have a custom resolution set up for 2160×2400).

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and help in figuring out what was preventing the hook.

mannix
    Participant

Same for me, uninstalled Bitdefender and it works.
    Did you find a way to improve the profile?

Daveheart
    Participant

Same for me, uninstalled Bitdefender and it works.
    Did you find a way to improve the profile?

No, I’m afraid I didn’t.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!