WWWAAAHH!!!! My vorpX .exe file gone missing!

Homepage Forums Technical Support WWWAAAHH!!!! My vorpX .exe file gone missing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

WTF? Just yesterday vorpX was updating istself as usual, and now this morning i found the shortcut to the vorpX main .exe file was empty, so i checked the folders and couldn´t find any regular main vorpX .exe file.

So now i only have working vorpX-config and the vorpX-dekstopviewer shortcut files only.

Do i have to re-do the whole installation and key-process all over again? I prefer an easier and faster way out of this.

I could probably find a way if i would have time now, but i have to go to work and hopefully i already got some help here by the time i come back in the evening.

So…HEEEEELP!!!!!!

BTW. whenever i started the vorpX-config shortcut, it also started vorpX so it attached to games, but now this ain´t happening, so the vorpX mainfile definitely ain´t there/working.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Almost certainly a virus scanner running amok. That can happen occasionally after an update. Try to exclude the vorpX program folder from your AV scanner, usually that’s C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX.

BTW: If you happen to use anything else than Windows Defender, I’d highly recommend to get rid of it. There is no need for invasive third party AV programs. Windows Defender is more than good enough since almost a decade now while being less likely to cause false positive alarms.

Edit: Just checked with the latest Windows Defender update, which doesn’t cause any problems.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Thx for responding Ralf! Sadly i don´t use any virus scanner at all, everything is the same as usual so if it is a virus scanner, i wouldn´t know what else it could be besides windows defender.

Anyway, here is a screen of the vorpX-Folder, maybe you can see what is wrong or missing, besides a certain exe file.

View post on imgur.com

In case i have to re-install it again…LOL…what was the procedure again to get to the installation files? This was such a long time ago, i don´t remember, but i guess i have to get a new key too or request it again?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try this. Once you got a fresh web installer keep it. It can be used to install the latest version anytime. There is no need for a new download ever if you keep the web installer.

Support FAQ

ToxicMike
    Participant

Very well thanks Ralf!

ToxicMike
    Participant

Hmmmm…it happened again! Just wanted to use vorpX, it updated and right after it, the main exe was gone.

It wasn´t a problem at all since i took care to keep the installation file (which i successfully used again), but it is weird nonetheless since this wasn´t happening all those years using vorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please update your Defender definitions (by forcing an update in the Windows settings app). There was a false positive detection with Defender on Saturday, but MS fixed it quickly on Sunday after I reported the issue. The detection has been removed manually by their staff.

To avoid such issues entirely in the future exclude the vorpX program folder from your AV scanner as suggested in my first reply to your post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!