X4: Foundations – Anyone tried to get it working?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings X4: Foundations – Anyone tried to get it working?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant
    Merkin
    Participant

Thanks!

reanor
    Participant

Resurrecting the old thread to ask the obvious question. Any word on integration of VorpX with Vulcan yet? Thanks in advance.

steph12
    Participant

i think vulcan is still a very long way to go to see vorpx supporting it. but i’m not an insider, only Ralf knows ^^

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Not only is this game ‘Not that good’, its f-ing terrible. I dunno how the devs could have screwed up a winning formula so bad. X1,2,3 and 4 are all decent… this one is just difficult for no reason in particular. IMO it feels similar to Wing Commander Privateer 2, but WWWAAAAAYY more difficult. It took me a couple hours of searching to find out that you need to contract out someone to move your goods and get a trade agent on a station… who the heck thought that would be a good idea?!?!

I bought Elite Dangerous recently and I have to say, its 1000x better than Rebirth and I’m a huge X fan. In my twenties I clocked 100’s of hours into X and X2. I just wish they added some story or purpose to ED instead of just flying around making money. There is PVP so that’s cool but otherwise there isn’t much to do. I really enjoyed the story behind X even if it kind of fell apart in 3. Anyway Ralf, I really hope you can add VorpX to some other space trading games if possible. Star Control Origins or well anything else on steam?

reanor
    Participant

Not only is this game ‘Not that good’, its f-ing terrible. I dunno how the devs could have screwed up a winning formula so bad. X1,2,3 and 4 are all decent… this one is just difficult for no reason in particular. IMO it feels similar to Wing Commander Privateer 2, but WWWAAAAAYY more difficult. It took me a couple hours of searching to find out that you need to contract out someone to move your goods and get a trade agent on a station… who the heck thought that would be a good idea?!?!

I bought Elite Dangerous recently and I have to say, its 1000x better than Rebirth and I’m a huge X fan. In my twenties I clocked 100’s of hours into X and X2. I just wish they added some story or purpose to ED instead of just flying around making money. There is PVP so that’s cool but otherwise there isn’t much to do. I really enjoyed the story behind X even if it kind of fell apart in 3. Anyway Ralf, I really hope you can add VorpX to some other space trading games if possible. Star Control Origins or well anything else on steam?

Sorry, buddy, bur I disagree. Out of all the X games, I really enjoyed the Rebirth and even more X4:F. Have hundreds of hours into both (300+ in XR and probably 700 in X4, most of them obviously station running in AFK making money).

With X4, I have several restarts, modded and vanilla. There are issues, especially in Vanilla, but I overall like what they did. X4 is more superior technologically, improves on the other games. A lot of people love X3 the most. I can’t say otherwise, but the X4 was a good step forward. It just always takes them a long time to polish the games, release expansion, content, ships, etc. So when expansions are out hopefully by the end of this year 1st DLC should be out, I may give X4 another go, or wait until the last DLC. I started really playing XR 3 years after release and it was a completely different game.

vrod
    Participant

I too like X4. A huge X3 fan, skipped Rebirth.

I think I have 500+ hours in X4. Would love it in VR.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

well maybe you could give me some pointers because I’ve already paid full price for this game. How the heck do you trade??!?!?!?!

rust
    Participant

Sorry, buddy, bur I disagree. Out of all the X games, I really enjoyed the Rebirth and even more X4:F. Have hundreds of hours into both (300+ in XR and probably 700 in X4, most of them obviously station running in AFK making money).

Me too. I have something in 2000’s hours in different X games and I liked XRebirth very much and I love X4 Foundations. Now with version 3.1 with VRO mods game is incredible rewarding. Lots of bugs but that’s nothing new in X series.

Could we please have some love for X4 Vulcan in vorpx? X4 has Tobii and TrackIR head/eye tracking with 6 degrees of freedom head movement within game engine implemented with 3D Interface. Game has extensible MOD support so It should be easier to make it work great.

playerwon
    Participant

so, just to whip a dead horse a little more…
    any news as to whether or not ralph is interested in getting vorpx to play nice with vulkan games yet?
    x:rebirth vr is alright… with the 30ish mods that bring it closer to something in the X series…
    x4 is better.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Given the nature of the vulkan api, I think vorpx support is a long, long shot. IMO, I could be totally wrong.

perkel
    Participant

Xrebirth is poor game though.

X4 is fantastic game.

steph12
    Participant

you’ll have better luck to ask devs directly for a vr native patch/dlc.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!