xboxcontroller

Homepage Forums Technical Support xboxcontroller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nieda113
    Participant

@ralph,, how can i have my xbox controller having the original game mapping? It almost not usable with gta5 and using vorpx mapping.THX

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t mean to sound rude, but I believe it’s the third or fourth time now that I’m trying to explain to you that some games do not like mouse and gamepad input at the same time. So whenever that is the case and vorpX has to emulate a mouse for head tracking, its internal gamepad to mouse/kb mapper is used instead.

The alternative to using the mapper in games that don’t like both input methods simultaneously would be no gamepad at all.

If you have disabled the gamepad override the vorpX menu, please re-enable it or reset the profile to default in the config app. Do not touch any related settings afterwards. The default is the default for a reason.

nieda113
    Participant

just saw ur comment,, but why would u change the default mapping of the game at first place? It is not like if u have vorpx installed that one plays excusivley with head set sometimes, u just play without. This is the thing when ur gameplay sucks because changing buttons makes it hard to play.
    I cant even use a remapper like rewasd , because gamepad will become non responsive, as may others experienced.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no need for an external mapping program since vorpX has its own. You can freely configure the mapping to your liking the vorpX menu. If for some reason you still prefer to use an external tool, maybe because you are already accustomed to one, you can disable the gamepad entirely in the vorpX menu by setting the gamepad override to ‘Hide’.

Per default the GTA V profile is set to partial override though, only the axes are overriden, the buttons are still handled natively. If that is not the case for you, you apparently changed it. Please reset the profile to default in the config app and do not change the gamepad override setting afterwards. At least for official profiles the default setting is typically the right one.

As said above and several times before when you came up with the same question unfortunately some games do not like mouse and gamepad input at the same time. Whenever vorpX has to emulate a mouse for head tracking in such a game, its built in gamepad to mouse/kb mapper is used instead of native gamepad handling since otherwise there would be a conflict between the gamepad and the emulated mouse.

This gamepad to kb/mouse mapper is a good thing, the alternative in such cases would be no gamepad at all. vorpX can’t change the fact that in some games mouse and gamepad can’t be used at the same time, but it can deal with such cases by translating gamepad input to mouse/kb if necessary.

Let me know if that still wasn’t explained well enough or if there are any questions left unanswered in this regard.

nieda113
    Participant

all understood ,, except: why was the original mapping changed….the rest i knew already and lived with it for years now. Unfortunately if setting to hide it seems my setup will not work and the gamepad is not responding. I did not to want to start a discussion, since most games work with rewasd decently , except for non responsive gamepad from time to time. So all understood .

Ralf
    Keymaster

In GTA V the original mapping isn’t changed at all. Like said above per default only the axes are overriden in this case. Unless you changed the default settings gamepad buttons are handled natively by the game.

If the overide is enabled in a profile, it is enabled for a reason. Please just leave it at its default unless you *really* are 100% sure that you know what you are doing. TBH your post above doesn’t really sound as if you fully understood what it is doing and why. Unless I made a mistake (can happen occasionally of course) for official profiles the default is always the right setting.

As far as other games are concerned that may require a full override: not in all profiles that require the override the gamepad to mouse/kb translation is costum tailored, instead it may use a standard mapping with the most common controls layed out in the same way. You can freely customize that to your liking on the ‘Input Settings’ page of the vorpX menu, no external tool required.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!