Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana (What is the game engine?)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana (What is the game engine?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

Doe’s anyone know what engine Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana uses? I would like to create a custom profile to try and get it to run on VorpX.

zahncisten
    Participant

I’ve heard some folks say its based on the Yamaneko engine, but I can find virtually nothing about that. It looks suspiciously like the Phyre Engine, which was used for Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2 (I can’t confirm which engine was used for 3). Nihon Falcom developed both games at the same time, so it’s possible (not necessarily likely) that they used the same engine.
    Anyway, if I owned Ys 8 and wanted to test out an engine, I’d try Phyre for it, there are a few official profiles for games that use Phyre on RJkole’s site (here! for speed).

RJK_
    Participant

Hello guys, you will probably need to go through different profiles in order to see if you can meet that engine by random.

If everything fails you may try some “rjkole” profiles in the cloud. In main these are not engine specific, meaning that you have a second chance by going through these profiles finding a suitable one for your game.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Well, I don’t have the game yet. If anyone wants to start testing profiles that would be great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!