Z-normal z-adaptative problem

Homepage Forums Technical Support Z-normal z-adaptative problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jossm97
    Participant

Hello. Few weeks ago, games like the Witcher 2 or Alice Madness returns I have to play them only G3D because Z-normal and z-adaptative are corrupted to me. Graphics are only multiple color horizontal lines with these two modes. Games like Witcher 3 or Death Stranding are ok instead. What could be happenning? I have a hp reverb G2 with vorpx openXR mode. Thanks in advance!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try with/without antialising enabled. In some cases that may affect the Z-Buffer heuristics.

It’s also possible that Z3D isn’t really authored in the profiles in questions and vorpX tries to figure out a depth buffer, but catches the wrong one. In that case, just stick to G3D.

jossm97
    Participant

Thank you, I try with/without enabled AA without success. It’s very strange, I were playing these two games Z-normal mode in glorious 4k, but now it’s imposible with G3d:( The only change I remember is updating w11 OS to 22h2. I will try to find more solutions. Greetings!

forlaunchcast
    Participant

This issue just started for me. Dragon’s Dogma, Fallout 3, etc. Anything but G3D just shows horizontal lines. Using Quest 3 via Link cable. Will keep playing around, but believe it’s a pretty recent issue.

luka2099
    Participant

this happened to me when I used a wrong profile or an opengl profile.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Interesting. Thanks, luka2099. Maybe I’m inadvertently using incorrect profiles for some reason. I would imagine the vorpx forums would be blowing up if this were a universal problem, so it’s probably just me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!