Z3D performance vs. no VorpX?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Z3D performance vs. no VorpX?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Ralf: Just curious on what kind of performance drop you would see in a game running Z3D vs. not running VorpX at all? What about G3D for that matter? Generally speaking estimate, as I know it depends on the game.
    I know its likely been asked before, but I couldn’t find it directly in the search I did.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As far as raw 3D performance is concerned usually less than 10% for Z3D and about half for G3D. On top of that rendering to the headset costs another 5-10%.

However, these are not scientifically precise numbers as things can vary from game to game and also depend on factors like resolution. If for example you overload our GPU by playing demading games in G3D/4K framerate can tank completely. Also in rare cases there might be one or the other inexplicable external effect (e.g. SteamVR causes a framerate in drop Horizon: Zero Dawn for unknown reasons).

dborosev
    Participant

Good to know thanks.
    Praise be to Z3D – its letting me extend the life of my 1080ti as long as possible. I’m sure Cyberpunk will crush it like a toothpick house and start it on fire, but it’ll be worth it.
    Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!