vorpX 16.1.2 has been released.
This is a maintenance release that mainly addresses a few DK2 related issues with the last version. List of changes:
- Fallout 4: 15-20% performance gain when using Geometry 3D.
- Some OpenGL games only displayed horizontal bars instead of the game.
- Oculus Rift CV1: 3D mode controls weren’t always shown in settings UI.
- Oculus Rift DK2: head-tracking did not work correctly in some DX11 games.
- Oculus Rift DK2: fix for severe performance degradation in some DX11 games.
- Oculus Rift DK2: potential(!) fix for Desktop Viewer not showing in headset on some configurations.
If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.
If you don’t own vorpX yet, you can buy it here:
This release requires you to own a Oculus Rift DK2 or CV1, the DK1 apparently is not supported anymore by the current Oculus software. DK1 owners who find vorpX rendered useless after an auto update to this version should contact support |at| vorpx com for a solution.
HTC Vive support is planned but not yet implemented.
Important note for vorpX users with vorpX 0.9.1:
vorpX 0.9.1 will only auto update if you have the Oculus runtime 0.8 running. vorpX 0.9.1 cannot start otherwise and initiate the auto update! If you already installed runtime 1.3, please try this:
Workaround 1: Use your web installer to install 16.1.1 manually
Workaround 2: Use the runtime switcher linked here to allow 0.8 run side by side with 1.3:
If the runtime switcher does not help and you don’t have your web installer anymore, please contact support |at| vorpx com.