The first vorpX update is finally available. This is mainly a maintenance update that, among other things, should address most (if not all) issues that some of you had with various Steam games.
There are more interesting things too, mainly the addition of the two most anticipated games of the year: Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts are now playable on your Oculus Rift development kit. Another nice addition is the indie horror title Outlast, which is a great game to play in the Rift. Highly recommended!
If you already own vorpX, you will receive the update automatically. Simply start vorpX Control to download and install it.
If you do not own vorpX beta yet, you can buy it here.
The price is ~40$ + taxes, the final price will vary slightly based on your local sales taxes, you can review it on the order page before you buy.
Added Game Profiles:
– ARMA III (Z3D)
– Battlefield 4 (Z3D)
– Bioshock 2 (G3D, Z3D)
– Call of Duty: Ghosts (Z3D)
– Dead Space 2 (G3D, Z3D)
– Dead Space 3 (G3D, Z3D)
– Outlast (G3D, Z3D)
– Q.U.B.E (G3D, Z3D)
– Splinter Cell Blacklist (Z3D)
Game Profiles changes/fixes:
– Battlefield 3: no 3D after ALT-TAB/Resize
– Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Support for the Director’s Cut added
– Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: nightsky/stars look weird with Geometry 3D
– Elder Scrolls: Skyrim: nightsky/stars look weird with Geometry 3D
– Fallout 3: nightsky/stars look weird with Geometry 3D
– Fallout NV: nightsky/stars look weird with Geometry 3D
– X3: Should now support X3: Albion Prelude in 3D (untested)
– Experimental 64bit support
– Added NullTracker to disable tracking completely
– Various Windows Vista related installer changes/additions
– Various changes to avoid startup crashes with Steam/Origin/UPlay games on some systems
– VR Keys mapping not working
– Gamepad mapping not working
– Default Eye Separation twice as high as intended in Geometry 3D
– Keyboard focus ‘ding issue’ with various games
– vorpX Control does not start in Windows Vista
– Disabling vorpX freezes screen in Geometry 3D (DX9)
– Disabling vorpX causes black screen in Z-Buffer 3D (DX9)
– Headtracking activates vorpX option freezes rendering under certain circumstances
– DX9 render time handling in Geometry 3D
– Potential crash issues while loading Oculus profiles
– Geometry 3D Draw Exception DeusEx HR and possibly more games (DX9)
… and a lot of smaller changes/fixes that didn’t make it into the changelog