3D enhancement located?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion 3D enhancement located?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luukzorika
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve bought this app to play GTA 5 on full VR mode.
    I’vé followed all the instructions from this website to play GTA in full VR mode but still I keep getting this 2D zoomed in imagine.

I highly expect some more assistance service from here because at this moment I’ve spend € 30,- for completely nothing.

Also, where can I find the 3D enchancement in the ingame menu? I only see 2D

Ralf
    Keymaster

As said yesterday and mentioned in the e-mail you received, you need to use an external program to adjust the FOV in GTA V like described in this GTA V thread. There isn’t any other answer to your question than the one you already got twice, sorry.

To enhance the FOV in GTA V you either need the FOV mod or Flawless Widescreen that are both linked in the thread.

If you can’t or don’t want to use an external program, the only way to deal with FOV in GTA V is using the vorpX Image Zoom as a non-perfect workaround to compensate for the missing FOV like described in the “1-2-3 Game Setup” in the vorpX help.

Please do not open multiple topics with the same issue, all that does is making the forum unreadable. Thanks. Your other posts with the same question will be removed.

Luukzorika
    Participant

As said yesterday and mentioned in the e-mail you received, you need to use an external program to adjust the FOV in GTA V like described in this GTA V thread. There isn’t any other answer to your question than the one you already got twice, sorry.

To enhance the FOV in GTA V you either need the FOV mod or Flawless Widescreen that are both linked in the thread.

If you can’t or don’t want to use an external program, the only way to deal with FOV in GTA V is using the vorpX Image Zoom as a non-perfect workaround to compensate for the missing FOV like described in the “1-2-3 Game Setup” in the vorpX help.

Please do not open multiple topics with the same issue, all that does is making the forum unreadable. Thanks. Your other posts with the same question will be removed.

And as I mentioned yesterday is that I already have used the FOV mod multiple times which didn’t make any changes. The image still shows up as a zoomed 2D image.

I’m making multiple topics because I am not getting any single reply back on my other topics which basically means that I’ve spend 30 euro’s for completely nothing.

I expect some other service or help, for example teamview, as I tried everything and nothing worked so far. Otherwise I’d like to get a full refund for this since Vorpx is completely worthless for me this moment.

In awaiting of your reply ..

Ralf
    Keymaster

Here are again all options you have in regard to dealing with FOV in GTA V compiled in a single list for your convenience. You can enhance the 3D effect by adjusting the “3D Strength/Separation” parameter in the vorpX ingame menu (main page).

1. Use the vorpX Image Zoom in the ingame menu (image page). This is a non-perfect solution since it introduces top/bottom bars, on the other hand it’s very easy.
    2. Use Flawless Widescreen to adjust the FOV: http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org
    3. Try this FOV mod from a Reddit user (not sure whether that still works with the latest GTA V version.
    4. If you have an HTC Vive, try this mod that uses vorpX for 3D and does head tracking/FOV inside the mod. Might also work with Rift if you install SteamVR and set vorpX to “HTC Vive”.
    Luukzorika
    Participant

Here are again all options you have in regard to dealing with FOV in GTA V compiled in a single list for your convenience. You can enhance the 3D effect by adjusting the “3D Strength/Separation” parameter in the vorpX ingame menu (main page).

1. Use the vorpX Image Zoom in the ingame menu (image page). This is a non-perfect solution since it introduces top/bottom bars, on the other hand it’s very easy.
    2. Use Flawless Widescreen to adjust the FOV: http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org
    3. Try this FOV mod from a Reddit user (not sure whether that still works with the latest GTA V version.
    4. If you have an HTC Vive, try this mod that uses vorpX for 3D and does head tracking/FOV inside the mod. Might also work with Rift if you install SteamVR and set vorpX to “HTC Vive”.

Ralf,

I’ve tried increasing the image zoom but it didn’t change the 2D image.
    Flawless widescreen and the FOV mod didn’t make any changes to my FOV.
    The mod for the htc vive you mentiod is also playable without vorpx. It’s really buggy and I dont want to make use of this mod since you’ll need to move by using the teleport function.

I just want to make use of the full vr vorpx gta which still isn’t working..
    There must be something I’m doing wrong..

In awaiting of your solution,

Ralf
    Keymaster

The solutions above and in the dedicated GTA thread are the solutions for GTA V Full VR since 1.5 years. As much as I’d like to offer another special one just for you, these four options are the ones that are available.

The mod I linked may not be the one you are talking about. The one linked in the post above to my knowledge requires vorpX.

Mind that the game uses Z-Buffer 3D. Compared to Geometry 3D that means “less 3D” for foreground objects (not so in the distance though), on the other hand it’s twice as fast. If you don’t see any 3D-effect at all, try ALT-TAB out of the game and back. With a (very) old GTA V version there was an issue where sometimes the Z-Buffer could not be found before doing that. That doesn’t happen since over a year, but maybe for whatever reason it still does with your individual setup.

Below is a screenshot with the settings for Flawless Widescreen, which I just confirmed to be working with the latest GTA V version, just in case.

Flawless Widescreen vorpX GTA V

This is for Vive, GTA V resolution 1600×1200. All vorpX settings at their default values. FOV for Rift would a bit lower. The important ones are first person and vehicle FOV. The other ones can be set to your liking.

If FW doesn’t work for you, check whether you maybe have some security software installed that may prevent it from applying the FOV fix. Also make sure that your GTA is updated to the latest version (and that you are not using an “unofficial” version of the game). Memory fixes like the one Flawless Widescreen applies may be version dependent.

Luukzorika
    Participant

The solutions above and in the dedicated GTA thread are the solutions for GTA V Full VR since 1.5 years. As much as I’d like to offer another special one just for you, these four options are the ones that are available.

The mod I linked may not be the one you are talking about. The one linked in the post above to my knowledge requires vorpX.

Mind that the game uses Z-Buffer 3D. Compared to Geometry 3D that means “less 3D” for foreground objects (not so in the distance though), on the other hand it’s twice as fast. If you don’t see any 3D-effect at all, try ALT-TAB out of the game and back. With a (very) old GTA V version there was an issue where sometimes the Z-Buffer could not be found before doing that. That doesn’t happen since over a year, but maybe for whatever reason it still does with your individual setup.

Below is a screenshot with the settings for Flawless Widescreen, which I just confirmed to be working with the latest GTA V version, just in case.

Flawless Widescreen vorpX GTA V

This is for Vive, GTA V resolution 1600×1200. All vorpX settings at their default values. FOV for Rift would a bit lower. The important ones are first person and vehicle FOV. The other ones can be set to your liking.

If FW doesn’t work for you, check whether you maybe have some security software installed that may prevent it from applying the FOV fix. Also make sure that your GTA is updated to the latest version (and that you are not using an “unofficial” version of the game). Memory fixes like the one Flawless Widescreen applies may be version dependent.

Ralf,

Thanks for the fully detailed explanation, really appreciate it.

I’ve tried tabbing out of the game but it didn’t close the game. Is there any other keyboard combinations to do this, so i can try if it works?

I’ve downloaded the MOD which u said I needed to download. GTA finally opens up as in full VR. Unfortunately everything looks extremely zoomed in.

Other than that, is there maybe a chance you misunderstood me? – When I try to load up GTA 5 by using fov mod it’s not that I have the image wrapped around my head, not all. It’s the same as the image on cinema mode, but bigger. There’s also void around it so it looks like a larger version of the cinema mode.

So I think the 3D mode is not activated somehow, as I clearly have no 3D image

In awaiting of ur reaction,

Ralf
    Keymaster

I really offered you all the help that can be offered multiple times now including checking today whether the solutions provided still work to make sure I don’t say anything that doesn’t work anymore. These things are done by many, many people since almost two years, you aren’t exactly the first playing GTA V in first person view with vorpX. I understand that you are frustrated, but I can’t do more than giving instructions as detailed as above.

In regard to the mod: please make sure to follow the instructions of the mod author fully. This mod handles field of view. If it still looks “zoomed in”, you did not configure the mod correctly. This is the go to mod for GTA V with vorpX. It has been proven to work since a long time by more than just a few.

The same for Flawless Widescreen. If you have the latest version of Flawless Widescreen and the latest GTA V version, it does work unless something on your machine is severely screwed up or some security software blocks it. I just tested it extra for you earlier today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!